PART 2 -- Chapter 12 -- Down In The Forest

sorry for not updating! i was at a writer's block for a while. so here it is! it was also my birthday the other week. i'd also like to say i rly miss my best friend and it's tearing me apart ahhhhhh. anyways, enjoy!! 

also look at my mans concentration in this gif f_ck me up.

~ 3rd person POV ~

Jenna yawned, tiredly descending the stairs into the kitchen. Tyler was already there attempting to cook something. The scent filled Jenna's lungs, her stomach grumbling.

"Watcha makin'?" Jenna asked inquisitively, plopping down into a stool.

"Pancakes," He said as he flipped one

"Well I guess my cooking lessons paid off, I'm starving." Jenna chuckled

"They did. My mom is shocked I haven't burnt down the house practicing," Tyler laughed

"Practice? Well that's unexpected," Jenna got up and wrapped him in a hug

"How's Xena?" Tyler asked, the atmosphere shifting into rocky territory

"I think she's okay. She hasn't had night terrors in a while, the medication stopped it but I guess she has a few every now and then." Jenna sighed and stood back

"Is she... Okay? If you don't mind me asking," Tyler meant this with concern rather than a need for being nosey.

"She's been through a lot, let's just say." Jenna looked down "I was the only one there for her too,"

"That's rough. If you guys ever need anything, I'm here," He said, twisting the handle on the gas. He slid the plate full of steaming hot pancakes down the countertop. "Always."

It was midday when Xena sauntered downstairs. She could no longer stand looking at the x-files poster stuck to her bedroom wall for another 4 hours. She sluggishly dragged herself down the steps with a couple of yawns. Jenna and Tyler were nowhere in view, making Xena worried. She made her way to the kitchen counter where a note was resting. She picked it up and unfolded it gently.

gone for a walk. be back soon

jen and ty xx

Xena sighed and softly placed the note back onto the cold marble. She made herself comfortable on the couch, turned on the TV and pulled out her phone. She had a missed call and a text from Abigail. Xena became frantic and took no time in calling her back.

"Hey Xena," Abigail tiredly responded

"Is he home?"

A small choked breath came from the other end. "No."

A blanket of silence covered them for a few seconds.

"What now?" Xena asked, her lip quivering

"I'm not sure. Mom is worried and, are you okay?"

"F, fine. Just alone," Xena tried reassuring Abigail

"You're not. Come over, we can talk and at least maybe you can have some company,"

"Okay, I'll come now. If it's no trouble, that is," Xena exhaled somewhat happily

"No of course not. I'll see you soon." She hung up, the conversation loitering in Xena's mind

She turned the TV off and made the ascent upstairs. In five minutes, Xena had managed to freshen up and make herself look decent considering the current circumstances.