PART 2 -- Chapter 5 -- Frosted Flakes & Cats

well i edited more than i had thought so here it is ahahahahah 

i'll probs give it a once over tomorrow. enjoy. 

~ Xena's POV ~

I awoke the next day with a clearer head, and a bit more energy. I lugged myself downstairs and got into my running gear. I hadn't run in about four days because I was feeling pretty tired and lazy. I mean I hadn't had so much social interaction or seen this many people in ages.

I slot my earphones in and proceeded my usual route. I was usually super lazy so I would always jog the block and walk a bit but this time I ran all the way. I ran and ran. I focused all the anger and emotion I had into pushing my legs to run further.

By the time I got back I had run for forty minutes. Okay that was new, I hadn't even run that much my whole time in high school gym class.

It was 9:30 and Jenna wasn't up yet. I decided to make some breakfast. I made avocado toast with some poached eggs, for that hipster grind. I was so hungry. I chugged down some water and set the table all nice. Jenna walked downstairs and rubbed her eyes tiredly. Her sweatpants were a little too long, the ankles dragging along the floor a bit.

"Run?" She asked, looking at me.

"Yep. First in like four days since I bumped into Josh," I stated, pulling up a seat for her.

"Thanks, it looks really nice,"

"No problems. You're becoming quite the cook too,"

"I've been practicing a lot." She looked proud of herself.

"So tonight, in the afternoon Tyler is coming over and we're party planning,"

"Party planning yes. Tyler, oh yup sure,"

"I don't get why you hate him so much,"

"I don't hate him he's just so annoying," She rolled her eyes for emphasis.

"I mean he must actually be annoying if you find him annoying, you like basically love everybody,"

"I don't know, I'll give him another chance,"

"Poor guy doesn't even know you dislike him this much," I chuckled.

"I feel bad because he seems to really like me," She sighed sadly.

"Maybe. Let's see how you go this afternoon but you're gonna still go on that date. You have to, Josh and I say so," I smirked.

"I will, just to prove that I can stand him long enough."

"I think you can, he's not that bad."

"Maybe," She continued eating breakfast.

After breakfast, I packed up and texted Tyler.

Me: hey what time and where are we doing party planning tonight?

I didn't expect an instantaneous reply so I did some housework. I showered and cleaned my room a little before sitting down and switching on the TV.

Tyler: yo i can come to yours at like 5? if that's good by you

Me: perfect, josh can text you my address

Tyler: awesome, see you then

"Hey," I walked into the living room to see Jenna plopped on the sofa "Tyler is coming around 5."