-- Chapter 16 -- Peaches & Cream

hi sorry i disappeared for a few months, got a lot on my plate. school is so intense rn i had no time to write so that sucked but i'm back for the most part. who even reads my stuff anyways....

3rd person POV

Later that night, Josh and Xena cuddled up in bed together, like snug, perfect puzzle pieces. It started off with a kiss, then Xena was giving Josh what he'd wanted at the hospital on a silver platter. She was graciously shocked with Josh's defined muscles, and when she ran her hands up his torso, it gave him happy chills.

She laughed slightly at how much he'd craved her, and she admitted although she was scared, she wanted to do this with him. She trusted him, but it was a matter of going slow.

The reality was for Xena's first time since what had happened, it was going to take trust and patience, and it definitely was not going to be like the movies.

As she planted kisses and hickeys all over his chest and neck, he moaned slightly aching for more. This made Xena feel powerful, and she was glad he felt good, because he deserved nothing less. When it was Xena's turn, she was pleasantly surprised at how good she felt under his touch, his warmth. She loved feeling the slight weight of him on top of her, he was being careful as not to put his full body on her and make her feel trapped. One hand at her breast, one cradling her waist as his indulgent, deliberate lips coated her neck and abdomen with bruises, she was carping for more.

He did everything she asked, was gentle, entered slowly, and comforted her. Xena couldn't have dreamt of anyone better to soothe her anxiety when doing something as big as this.

Xena slowly woke up in a daze, rolling over on her side. Her back was aching, probably the result of not sleeping on it correctly. Her eyes fluttered open slowly as she stretched out her arms above her. As her vision came to focus, she saw Josh sound asleep beside her. Slightly shocked, Xena let out a small joyous squeal, recoiling. Josh slowly woke up and laughed at the sight of her wriggling around as if a spider was in the bed.

"Sorry, thought you'd remember," Josh furrowed his brow "You were sober, how did you forget?"

"Uh I, I guess I just forgot?" Xena said, unable to justify her answer.

Josh giggled again. "As long as you're okay with it," Josh pulled the duvet down a little bit, revealing his bare chest

"Holy shit," Xena's voice caught in her throat

Josh's lips curled into a smile, feeling pleased with himself.

"You're so tan, how? I didn't notice that in the lamp light," Xena continued to gape.

"What?" Josh, shocked, gawked at her, his face erupting with confusion.

"I'm kidding, you're fire. No but seriously look at me," Xena held up her pale arm

Josh smiled slightly, a small sigh escaping his mouth. He looked at Xena with hopeful eyes. He wanted to just kiss her all over again. Touch her.

"I'm hungry." Xena must've grabbed on to what he was thinking because with that she up and got out of his bed.

"Me too," Josh crawled over to the other side of the bed and swung his legs over. The two paraded into the empty kitchen, some early morning light dimly projecting in through the window.

"Pancakes?" Josh asked

"Oh yes please. Do you know how to cook them?" Xena laughed at him.

"The only thing I can cook." Josh shot her a wink as he rifled through the cupboards for the ingredients.