Marooned

Drew's POV:

Will lunges at the sneering captain. "Barbossa, you lying bastard! You swore she'd go free!" 

"Don't dare impugn me honor, boy." He snaps back. "I agreed she'd go free, but it was you who failed to specify when or where." 

A gag is thrown around Will's head and Barbossa turns his attention back to Elizabeth on the plank. "Though it does seem a shame to lose something so fine, don't it lads?"

"Aye." The crew murmurs.

"So I'll be having that dress back before you go." He says with an outstretched hand.

The crew chuckles in anticipation. Elizabeth stands with her arms across her chest and shoots me a nervous glance. I give her a reassuring nod and she quickly strips off the gown and tosses it in Barbossa's face.

A deep breath fills her chest, "There, it goes with your black heart." she spits with a quiver in her voice.

He holds the dress up to his face, "Ooh, it's still warm." He coos, tossing the dress over his shoulder to the crew.

"Off you go! Come on!" A crew member jeers.

Elizabeth stands at the end of the plank, staring at the drop. Bo' sun shakes his head, growling. "Too long!" He brings his foot down on the opposite end of the plank, causing Elizabeth to fall off, screaming into the water.

"You next poppet." Pintel leers ate me. He pushes me forward onto the plank.

I step on with my head high and turn to face Barbossa. "If I remember correctly, a pirate is given a pistol with one shot and their other belongings when they're marooned?"

He simply laughs. "Of course Miss Rose. The sad thing is you're a Commodore, and even more, a woman, so you are in no sense a pirate."

"You're threatening a Captain of Blackbeard's fleet, Love." I jeer with a wink.

"Ex." 

I shrug, "Still, he marooned my crew when he captured us. Gave them each a pistol and everything. Don't tell me you're a less honorable pirate than the most feared captain of the seven seas."

He smirks at me. "If it's honor that you speak of..." He holds up my stuff, smirking. "Happy fishing." 

He tossed the bundle of my things overboard. I dive after it, kicking with my feet as hard as I can until I reach the reef where my things have come to rest. I wrap my fingers around the bundle and kick to the surface. Swimming with bound hands is damn near impossible, but not completely. In just a few short minutes, I throw myself onto the sand. I rest for a few minutes before fetching my dagger to cut my bonds. 

Elizabeth walks over to me. "Drew? What are we going to do?"

I place a hand on her shoulder, "It's going to be alright." I turn back to the shallows, where Jack is marching ashore.

"How... the devil... did you do that?" He asks me, collapsing onto the sand.

"Do what?" I say, kneeling down next to him. I take out my dagger again and use it to cut his bonds.

"Swim that fast? It's like you're part fish!" He pants.

I grab his stuff out of the water and toss it farther up the sand.  "I had to learn fast. Blackbeard once stole me from my sleep and threw me overboard wrapped in chains. He thought it was a chance to prove my worth. After that, I got very used to being in the water as well as on it." I help him stand and we watch the Pearl sail away into the distance.