A Decision for William Turner

Drew's POV:

"Ahh!" My body jerks up into a sitting position. I wipe some sweat from my brow and try to steady my breathing. That's the second time tonight.

Nightmares have been plaguing me since I've heard Jones' power is growing. They're everything I'm scared of. I'm usually alone, to begin with, but a figure always appears off in the distance. I run towards them until I can see their face and it's always someone I love, but once I get close, they're struck down by a man concealed with shadows. I have to just stand there and watch.

I swallow as my breathing steadies. I shakily get out of bed and take a step toward the window. It takes all I have to keep my balance. Finally, I make it and I rest my hands on the window sill. It's pouring outside, and the sky is black as ink.

It's been three days since I left the Pearl behind, and since Will didn't follow me to Loyalty, I assume he's trying to get the compass. I can't believe I thought Jack actually had feelings.

"Oh I'm sure he had feelings Love."

I spin around at the voice and my knees nearly buckle. There's another me standing by my bed.

"Who are you?" I demand.

She smiles. "I'm you darling... or well... your conscience."

I look away from her, holding a hand to my temples. "Now I really know I've lost it."

She lets out a laugh. "Don't worry darling, Jack sees his conscience too."

My stomach lurches. "Don't mention him to me. Filthy pirate... liar... toe rag."

She rests her hand on my shoulder. "Don't give him such a hard time. He was going after the key so he'd be safe from the Dutchman. Don't you remember? You did go after the key yourself once."

I try to bat her hand away but my hand goes straight through her. "That was years ago. Besides the key is impossible to find."

She shakes her head. "You know where it is darling. Just think. Why did Jones carve out his heart anyway?"

"He didn't want to feel the emotions of everyday life," I reply. "I know the story."

"More or less."

"And he doesn't want anyone finding the chest because he'll die if they stab his heart." I continue as I start to catch on. "He definitely has hidden the chest away from him, but he most certainly wouldn't want anyone to find the key." It hits me. "The key is on the Dutchman....... And it's with Jones." I turn around to walk out of the cabin but I suck in a sharp breath of realization. 

Will is still on the Pearl...

  Darkness surrounds me as the room tilts sideways.  

I left Will to die. 

Thomas's POV:

My eyes snap open as I hear the Captain yell above me. This has been happening since we left Tortuga, but I'm sure it was going on before that. She pretends nothing is wrong, but I'm sure the rest of the crew knows too. We can hear her screams and see the bags under her eyes. I also know for certain she hasn't been eating either.

The screaming stops, I'm sure she's woken up by now. I lay in my hammock listening to the floorboards creak as she walks around her cabin. She starts to talk as the pacing continues, but after a couple minutes, she stops. Suddenly there's a thump and nothing more. 

Something's not right

I throw open the door to her bedroom and see her splayed on the floor. The window is spilling moonlight through the room, making her look as if she's glowing. Her hair is spilling onto the floor almost like a crown around her head. I kneel down and put a hand on her shoulder. She's ice cold. A cloud moves over the moon plunging us into near darkness. I shake her calling her name. Finally, her eyelids flutter open.