Fall of Endeavor

Jack's POV:

My heartbeat roars in my ears as Jones freezes, and I savor every second. He turns around to see my hand helping Will stab the heart. A few of his tentacles twitch, and his head shakes in disbelief.

For one moment his small, beady eyes connect with mine and time finally comes to a stop. I bow my head slightly in bitter respect, he was an arduous adversary, though Bri always saw more good in him than I.

Jones blinks once at me and mouths, "Thank you." he then turns his gaze to the sky with only one word on his lips. "Calypso."

His last breath leaves him with her name and he gracefully falls over the side of the Dutchman into the depths below.

That's when I feel the warmth leave Will's hand under mine. Elizabeth shudders and starts to beg, plead and scream for him to come back.

Oh God... Bri

My knees slide on the well-worn wood as I rush to take her in my arms again. She's stopped breathing. No color in her face, her skin cold as ice. I yank the pearl from the chain in my hand and slip it between her lips as the final bit of hope leaves me.

I look up and see the crew of the Dutchman slowly making their way towards Will with the chest.

I look down at Bri once more and scoop her up in my arms. Her frame is so light, its as if she's empty.

I reach down and grab her sword, her name on the blade is glistening with her crimson red blood mixed with Jones', black as night. I shift Bri in my arms so I can pull on Elizabeth's shoulder, but she refuses to move. I screw my eyes shut, and rip her away from her beloved. I cut away some lines connected to a lower sail and hand one to Elizabeth.

"Hold on tight Elizabeth. We're leaving."

She looks up at me with tears shining on her cheeks, but nods and takes the line.

We let the wind carry us up above the Dutchman and out of the whirlpool. Elizabeth buries her face into my jacket as the Dutchman slips below the murky waters.

As the maelstrom disappears, the sky brightens and the waters return to the sparkling crystal they've always been. Elizabeth and I land in the water next to the Pearl and we're hoisted aboard.

"Captain..." Gibbs says as he walks up to me. "What happened to Drew?"

I look down at her, still and fragile in my arms. "Davy Jones finally got the prize he was after."

I kneel down to set her on the deck and my vision blurs with tears. Her hair is falling in graceful waves around her faded features, her eyes closed peacefully, yet her brow is furrowed. The crew bows their heads to join me, despair settling over us.

Suddenly my head thunks against the deck as I'm pushed over. I look up and see Bri standing over me.

I shake my head and squint against the sunlight outlining her head. "Bri?" I mutter in shock.

She puts her hands on her hips, "Yeah it's me." She huffs impatiently.

When I don't move she huffs again, rolls her eyes, and holds out a hand to me. She pulls me to my feet, and all I can do is look at her. Without warning, she lunges at me and clocks me straight in the jaw.

"JACK SPARROW, HOW DARE YOU USE THE PEARL ON ME!" She yells, punching and ripping at me. "I TOLD YOU TO SAVE WILL! OF ALL THE TIMES THAT YOU HAD TO DISOBEY ME, I GUARANTEE YOU THIS WAS THE MOST IDIOTIC, LUDICROUS, SENSELESS, FOOLISH, SHORTSIGHTED, FUTILE, STUPID, NAIVE, AND SELFISH OF THEM ALL!"

The whole crew takes a step back at her rage.

I gently massage my jaw and face her. "Look Bri I-"

She lunges at me again and I scramble back, almost falling over. She stops at my attempt to get away and turns to Gibbs. "What's the situation?"