The Highest Bidder

Will's POV:

"This is truly a godforsaken place" Gibbs grumbles as we emerge from the water.

"I don't see Jack or Drew... I don't see anyone." Elizabeth mutters.

"Oh, Jack is here," Barbossa says, shaking his head. "Davy Jones has never given up what he's taken."

I turn to him, annoyed. "Doesn't matter, we're trapped here. Same as Jack and Drew thanks to you."

Off to my right, Tia Dalma chuckles. "Witty Jack is closer than you think." She nods to a nearby dune where I see the top of the Pearl's mast rise over the sand.

"Well slap me thrice and hand me to my mamma, it's Jack!" Gibbs cries. 

We all stumble over the uneven sand to where the Captain of the Black Pearl sways towards us.

"Mr. Gibbs!" He calls once we're within earshot.

"Aye Captain!"

"I thought so, I'm hoping you can account for your actions then sir?"

Gibbs looks confused, "Sir?"

Jack steps towards him, looking frustrated. "There has been a perpetual and virulent lack of discipline on my vessel. Why is that?' Why is that sir?!"

Gibbs leans in and replies tentatively, "You're in the locker, Cap'n. Davy Jones' Locker."

Jack leans back, "I know that. I know where I am. And don't think I don't."

"Jack Sparrow," Barbossa speaks up, breaking the conversation.

"Ah, Hector. it's been too long." Jack says, holding his arms out wide.

Barbossa nods. "Aye, Isla de Muerta remember? You shot me."

Jack lets out a small chuckle. "No, I didn't." He takes notice of Tia. "Ah, Tia Dalma, out and about I see."

My eyes roll in my head once I realize what's going on. "He thinks we're a hallucination," I say.

Jack turns his attention to me. "William, tell me something. Have you come for my help in saving a certain distressing damsel? Ehh, damsel in distress? Either or."

 "No," I answer, shooting him a look of annoyance. 

He waves his hands in my face. "Well then you wouldn't be here, would you, so you can't be here. Q.E.D. you're not really here."

At that, Elizabeth steps out from behind me. "Jack, this is real. We're really here."

Jack's jaw drops, and he scuttles back over to Gibbs. "The locker you say?"

Gibbs nods, causing a concerned look from Jack.

"We've come to rescue you," Elizabeth keeps speaking.

Jack smiles "Have you now? That's very kind of you. But seeing that I'm the one that has a ship, and not you, it seems you're the ones in need of a rescuing, and I'm not sure as I'm in the mood."

Barbossa steps forward and points to the Pearl "I see my ship, right there."

Jack follows his point and shields his eyes against the sun. "Can't spot it, must be a tiny little thing, hidden behind the Pearl."

"Jack," I intervene. "Cutler Beckett has the heart. He controls the Dutchman."

"He's taking over the seas," Elizabeth adds.

"The song has been sung, the court is assembling." Tia Dalma says.

Jack sways in his spot. "I leave you all alone for one minute and look at what happens. Everything's gone to pot."