Mrs. Commodore Norrington

Drew's POV:

"But we've got to save Will." Elizabeth protests, following James across the deck.

"No." Father protests. "You're safe now. We will return to Port Royal immediately, not go gallivanting after pirates!"

Elizabeth stops following James and turns around to face him. "Then we condemn him to death."

Father nods. "The boy's fate is regrettable, but, then, so was his decision to engage in piracy."

"To rescue me." Elizabeth continues. "To prevent anything from happening to me."

Jack holds up his index fingers. "If I may be so bold as to inject my professional opinion. The Pearl was listing near to scuppers after the battle. It's very unlikely she'll be able to make good time. Think about it. The Black Pearl. The last real pirate threat in the Caribbean, mate. How can you pass that up?"

James stops and turns around to face him, annoyed. "By remembering that I serve others, Mr. Sparrow, not only myself."

"Commodore, I beg you, please. Help us rescue Will." Elizabeth asks.

"Elizabeth for the love of God." Father interjects. "You have to go back to Port Royal for the wedding."

"What wedding?" Elizabeth remarks

Father takes a breath. "Yours. You're marrying Commodore Norrington."

"What?" Elizabeth and I yelp together.

"Father, I never said yes!" She exclaims. "It's Will I want to marry, we need to rescue him!"

Father shakes his head. "Commodore Norrington requires a hand in marriage, we agreed it is to be you. Isn't that right, Commodore? Commodore?"

We look to James who is staring at me. "What?" He asks, coming back to the present. "Oh right, yes marriage."

Father smiles, holding a hand out to James. "See? I promised him one of my daughters and I intend to keep that promise."

My mouth drops. "You promised one of us to him?"

Father sighs. "Yes, my darling. We decided this when you came of age, Brianna. We agreed either you or your sister would marry Mr. Norrington."

"But then you went missing," James cuts him off. "We thought you'd never come back. That you were dead."

I look from Father to James. "So either Elizabeth or I have to marry the Commodore?"

"No."

"Yes."

James and Father answer at the same time. Father glances at James, then continues. "Yes, my dear. One of you must."

I take a step toward James. "James, I would be honored to become your wife."

Before he can respond, Elizabeth interjects. "Drew no, I can't let you do that."

I turn to her, smiling. "Why not Elizabeth? I've known James for what seems to be my whole life. You and Will belong together, Love. If Father says one of us must marry Commodore Norrington, then I will do so, gladly, and willingly." I turn to him. "If he'll have me."

James smiles down at me and bends to one knee, taking my hands in his. "Brianna Andrew Rose, will you do me the honor of giving me your hand in marriage?"

I smile and nod, squeezing his hand. "Yes."

He slips a ring onto my left hand and stands, still grinning.

"Can we go and rescue Will?" I ask. "As an engagement gift?"

James looks at me and nods. "Oh alright."