Chapter 19

*Veronica's P.O.V*
(The next day)

My mom offered to meet me at the airport so that I could pick up Audrey and take her to Lexi's house and wait for them to get home and surprise Lexi because she was the only one by my side when I had Audrey.

While I was driving to the airport my phone went off so I started digging in my purse for it. When I found it, it said I had a text from Joey!

Joey:
Can I see Audrey after you pick her up?

Me:
Joey, I don't think that's a good idea.

Joey:
If you think Louis is going to take my place as her dad then ur fucking crazy!

Me:
He'll be a better father figure than u!

Joey:
Fuck u Veronica!

I threw my phone in the passenger seat and tried to focus on the road. When I turned down the road to the airport the parking lot was full so I had to park across the street.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned off my car and took the keys. I opened my door and pulled down my shirt and headed over to the airport.

When I got inside I waited for their airplane to unload. All of the sudden I heard my name being called and sure enough when I turned around there was my mom and Audrey. "Mommy!" Audrey said running to me.

"Thanks so much for bringing her here mom!" I hugged my mom.

"Anything for my baby girl. Well I really should be getting back home, and tell your father I said hi." She smiled at me and walked back to the plane.

I walked Audrey back to my car and buckled her in the car seat. While I was driving I had the radio on and I looked in the rear view mirror and she was dancing in her seat. "Are you ready to see papaw?" I giggled a little.

"Yay!!" she put her hands up in the air.

I laughed once more and kept driving. The airport was only about five minutes away from my house so I didn't really focus on much traffic because our street is quiet.

When I pulled in my driveway there was a red car parked in the other parking spot.

I parked the car and unbuckled myself and took the keys. I opened my door and got out to open the back door. I unbuckled Audrey and picked her up out of her seat and grabbed her bag and carried her up to the door, then opened it.

"Dad! I'm home!" I yelled.

"Where's my little pumpkin at?" he walked out of the kitchen and had his arms out.

"Papaw!" she had her arms out as well.

My dad took her and she started talking to him and so I decided to get a water bottle from the fridge so I went to the kitchen. Of course when I got in there someone I didn't even want to think about let alone talk to was there....it was Joey!

"Is Audrey here? Were is she?" he stood up walking a little toward me.

"I'm taking you to court Joey, because I don't want you around my daughter and I don't want my best friend to have to want a S.W.A.T team surrounding her while she sleeps!" I flipped him off and grabbed a water.

"I don't fucking care about Lexi she is a dumb slut!" he yelled.

"I'd watch what you say Joey!" I got in his face and was ready to punch him.

He grabbed his coat and left.

I went upstairs to change my clothes because Louis would be coming over in no time.