Common Sense, Laurens

John's P.O.V

I wake up to a 9 am alarm and even though it's not ridiculously early, I'm exhausted.

It was the official first day of college.

I would have gotten more sleep, but Alexander was up half the night rambling things to himself and it was kind of hard.

It was until 2 am when I convinced him to shut up.

"Alexander. You're gonna be fine. I'm sure the teachers are all gonna love you, I'm not aware if they know that you're here on a scholarship, they're aren't gonna treat you badly. You're gonna pass all your classes. You're amazing, you got this." He sighs.

"What if I get lost?"

"You have my number."

"What if I'm late to class?"

"Everyone is late to class."

"What if I can't complete my homework assignments in time?"

"Something tells me that's not gonna happen."

"What if I-"

"Stop thinking about these what if scenarios and just start falling asleep. Turn your mind off, Hamilton. It'll do us both some good."

After a couple of minutes, I heard his soft snoring and that's when I feel asleep too.

Alexander's already gone by the time I wake up. I look at his schedule, which he posted above his bed to see what's his first class and at what time.

"It's at 10! Why isn't he waking up just now?" I say to myself. I grab my phone to look at any notifications I may have gotten.

Hammy: Left early for my first class. Didn't want to get lost.
Sent at 8:12

Hammy: Update: I think I'm lost.
Sent at 8:18

Hammy: Never mind. Have a good day! Thank you for chatting with me until I was calm.
Sent at 8:21

I smile at the text messages. He's such a nerd. I decide to get ready but then my phone buzzes again.

AndPeggy: First Day! Who's excited!!

SomeMenSayThatI'mIntense: no one, go back to sleep

LookaroundEliza: she's not, her first class is in half an hour.

HercPants: Oh my gosh it's too early for my phone to be buzzing

FavoriteFrenchman: Should've gone to sleep early like I told you.

HercPants: stfu

Hammy: What does 'stfu' mean?

AndPeggy: wait seriously?

ThePlaceToBe(me): it means shut the fuck up.

Hammy: Well that's not very nice.

I laugh at Alex's innocence. It's so cute.

BurrSir: Not meant to be nice.

I roll my eyes at Aaron's ignorance but still manage to laugh.