Chapter 17: Quick Trip To Mewni

The next afternoon the duo said their "goodbyes" and gave their hugs.

"It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Thank you for accepting me into your home. I had a blast."

Marco smiled, tucking his wand into his hoodie's pocket. Star smiled and hugged her parents.

"Bye Dad, bye Mom. I'll see you guys soon."

She glanced over at Marco.

"You ready to go, babe?"

"When you are, sugar pie."

Her parents awe-d and smiled at the two. They waved and walked out the door.

"So? Back to campus?"

"No ma'am. I've got a better idea."

Marco smiled and cut open a portal. He grabbed his bags and looked at her.

"After you."

She walked through the portal, Marco close behind as it closed behind them. She looked around, staring with big eyes.

"Whooaa! This place is beautiful! Where are we?!"

Marco smiled over at her.

"Star Butterfly? Welcome.. to Mewni."

The sun shined bright and felt warm on their skin. The crisp air smelled of sweet, sweet... corn?

"Are we in a... corn field?"

"Oh yeah sorry bout that."

Marco picked some, putting them into his bag and grabbed her hand.

"You have to show me around! I want to see everything. Especially your house! Or..? Castle!"

"Yeahhh that's not happening."

They set their stuff down a hole Marco dug. Star frowned.

"Well why not?"

"I'm not even supposed to be here! Neither are you. I just thought you'd like some warmer weather."

She nodded and took off her sweater, leaving her in a tank top.

"Fine. I guess we could.. chill out."

He grabbed his wand from his pocket and removed his jacket. He then removed his shirt. Star looked at his body and blushed.

"I guess I could show you around... a little? But we can't be seen. Not even a little bit.. by anyone.

"Um.. Seriously?"

He nodded. Star sighed, shrugging.

"Fine."

Marco poofed up some sunglasses and hats. They put them on and he grabbed her hand.

"Come on!"

They ran out to the field, Star taking in everything she saw.

"Wow.. this place is beautiful, Marco."

She laid her head on his shoulder. He looked down at her as the beat in his chest sped up.

"Um... behind us is Mewni River. And up ahead is my mom's kingdom aka my home."

She glanced up.

"You lived there!? No way!"

"Yeah.. And over there is my dad's kingdom. And that hill just between there is the Hill of Flags. And waaaayy over there..."