Chapter 15: Family Gatherings (Part 1)

Tuesday, 3:00am

Star paced the room back and forth, mumbling to herself. She poked at her nose brace.

"Calm down, Butterfly... calm down.. calm down."

"Star? Are you alright?"

She sighed and looked over at the boy on the single bed. His hair was a mess and he squinted his eyes.

"It's 3 in the morning.."

"I'm fine, Tom. Just go back to sleep.."

"If you say so."

He laid his head back on his pillow. Star sighed once more, sliding down the wall.

"I can't believe this but.. I gotta see Marco."

She whispered. She got up and tip toed to the door, closing it quietly.

ROOM 402

Star knocked on the door quietly, looking around. It was dark and it scared the hell out of her. The door opened and there stood Marco... shirtless... and in his underwear.."

"Uh... m-ma.. ahem.."

She blushed, looking him up and down. His body was great, actually. Nice and toned out. He was muscular in all the right places, including his stomach which was lined with half a row of abs.

"Star? Is that you?"

He asked tiredly, rubbing his eyes. She walked in and closed the door.

"Alright.. look. I'm gonna cut straight to it. Family Gatherings is in 2 days and we're not ready."

"What do you mean?"

He yawned, sitting on his bed.

"Well.. here, some students invite their parents to come down and then they serve a big feast in the dining room. Others leave for break. Others like me..."

She looked at him, as he yawned again.

"What's your point Star, it's 3 am? I'm sleepy."

"Hello! Did you forget! You're...  my boyfriend. You've already met my parents and they still think we're a couple!"

He chuckled.

"So tell them we broke up. If I do remember correctly YOU didn't wanna be friends with me anymore. Remember that?"

Star stood there, awkwardly.

"Besides. I'm going to see my family back on Mewni. We're having our annual Game Of Flags! Can't miss that."

"Game of huh?"

She sighed, tucking her hair behind her ears and walking over to his bed.

"Marco, please.. I can't face my family alone. This will be my first time telling them about my experiences here and.. your apart of them."

She sat on the floor by his bed.

"I know I was a bitch-"

"Yeah no kidding."

He frowned. She rolled her eyes and continued.

"But.. the truth is. I'm scared. Terrified. The only way to ensure my safety was to cut you off. Yeah maybe I meant what I said! But.. ug I'm babbling huh?"