Chapter 26: The Changes. (Part 2)

The weather on Mewni was wet.

Cold.

Marco grabbed his jacket. The black hoodie Star gave him when he first got there. He should probably return it now. But first? Spell time.

He stands in front of the Johansen-Butterfly residence, wand in hand. This day is going to be the hardest day he's ever been through. He rings the doorbell and waits. The door opens, and there stands River. He smiles kindly.

"Marco! What a pleasant surprise! Star's not here right now but I'd be more than happy to call her."

"Oh no, no. I'm... actually here to see you. And Moon. Would you mind getting her please?"

"Sure, uh DARLING! MARCO IS HERE! Would you like to come in?"

Marco shakes his head, hands shaking.

"N-No Sir. This'll only be a sec."

Moon comes to the door, and smiles. Marco flashes her a weak smile and holds his wand out.

"Forgive me."

"Marco? What's going on-"

"Light, dark, present and past
Take the memories, crumble them fast
Erase the time we've spent together
Go back to your lives, without me, remember!"

His wand casts a glowy green light, and engulfs Moon and River. The spell is casted. Marco's eyes water and after a few seconds, he looks up at the two.

"Hi."

He says, tucking his wand away.

"Oh! Hello."

Moon says.

"Um... do you guys know who I am?"

Marco bites his lip and waits for the answer.

"I... I don't believe we do."

Moon says, raising her eyebrow.

"River, do you know this young man?"

"I don't think so, dear. Can we help you?"

Marco's face sinks and he shakes his head.

"No, sir. S-Sorry to bother you. Goodbye.."

He walks away, pulling his hood over his head to block out the rain. He blinks away the little tears and sighs. What's done is done. Time to move on. He walks and walks until he's tired and takes his cloudy charm all the way to Echo Creek College. It's crowded and back to how it used to look. He walks in, looking around the lobby for any familiar faces. There's dozens. This would take all day if he tried to get everyone one by one.

"I have to make this spell big enough so it gets everyone. Well, here goes."

He shuffles and moves though people, walking to the center of the room.

"E-Excuse me, everyone."

He tries. Nothing.

"Hello? Everyone could you just-!"

Someone walks passed him, and bumps his shoulder. He growls angrily.

"CAN YOU ALL JUST STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!?"

That does it. Everyone stops and stares at Marco as he stands there in the middle of the room. He chuckles and clears his throat.

"Thank you. Now I need everyone to focus on me, because this is going to be big."