Chapter 20: The Pony Visit

The weather grew worse. It snowed and no one could drive. Then it snowed more and no one could go outside. Classes were cancelled and with Christmas on the way, no one knew if they were getting home to their families. Hell, no one knew if they were getting out.

"Hey Marco?"

Marco snapped out of his thoughts and glanced over at Tom. They were in the lobby playing Jenga.

"It's your move. I took out this baby right from there."

He smiled slyly while holding up a blocked piece of wood. Marco fixed his hoodie and nodded.

"Right.. oh! Here."

He moved a piece and the whole game came crashing down. Tom chuckled.

"Wow. Guess Jenga isn't your game."

"Shut up."

Tom began setting up the pieces again and Marco glanced toward the window. He spotted Jackie and some boy laughing together and he sighed.

"Aw Marco. Don't worry-"

"No. Im okay. Really."

Tom looked straight through him and he sighed again.

"Okay I'm not. I mean Jackie was a great girl. She is. And I hurt her."

"You didn't hurt her. You were following your feelings and no one can tell you how to feel towards someone."

Marco stared at nothing and nodded slightly. Tom stood up.

"I'm gonna head to the cafeteria. Want anything?"

"No, thanks."

He nodded before walking off. Marco dusted himself off and got up, walking to Star's room. Just a few feet behind him, was Star. She tiptoed out of the elevator and made her way to the emergency exit. The cold didn't really bother her. Okay well it did but.. what's the point in complaining about it like everyone else is?

"Psh... screw everyone.."

She pushed the door open and walked out, letting the cold consume him. Before she could get far, a hand grabbed his arm.

"Hey!? What do you think you're doing?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Getting some air."

"You could get more sick!"

Star turned her head to look at her brunette  friend. She tugged her arm away and walked out further.

"Quit saying that to everything okay, Marco? I'm fine. I feel great."

He followed her.

"But you don't look it! I'm trying to look out for you!"

"Well stop!!"

She yelled, turning toward him.

"I don't need your help! Just quit meddling in my life and leave me alone!"

"Oh, excuse me!? You're the one who brought your life to mine!"

"Says the one with a crazy lizard guy after us!"

They continued to argue. Star stopped and looked upward, her eyes wide in shock.

"YO WHATUP, HOME FRIES!"

"AHH!!"

Star let out a scream, making Marco jump. She fell to the ground, causing him to turn his head.