Chapter 25: Déjà Vu?

When Marco wakes, the whole castle is on fire. His ears are ringing and everything is spinning. When he regains his vision, the building is falling apart, fire everywhere. It looks familiar. Marco stands to his feet, holding his right arm close to him. It's broken. Then, he gasps, looking around.

It's his vision.

But how could it be? In his original vision, he had his wand, and didn't break his arm. So what was this? Maybe he did something wrong? Ugh, no time to question it! He begins to run! He runs and jumps and dodges all of the castle's burning and falling pieces. He holds his arm in pain, and comes to a complete stop when he sees there's a BIG abyss in the ground, dividing up the castle into 2 halves. He stands evenly balanced and removes his jacket carefully.

"Come on mewberty wings, don't fail me! Star needs our help!"

He opens them, his little, medium in size, purple wings unfolding and spreading out. He looks at them in awe, smiling. Then he takes a few steps back and runs full speed toward the edge. He jumps off as high as he can and flaps his wings. They take him soaring across the abyss and he gets a good look around. It's hot, and literally falling apart. When he lands, well when he crash lands and falls because he doesn't know how to land, he starts running, looking around.

"Marco...!"

A faint voice called out. He looked around to his right and his left.

"Star!?"

"Marco!"

The left. He ran again, using his wings to push him faster. A piece of the ceiling fell off and hit him smack on the head, tripping him. He fell to the floor, sliding off. The ringing noise was back. He held his head in pain and got up, walking this time. His wings went away into his back and he held his arm close. He was slowly loosing consciousness. Definitely a concussion or two.

"S.... star!"

Nothing. THAT worried him and he walked a little faster. He kept looked around, underneath and on top of all the burning debris from the castle for a blonde haired girl. Where IS she? He stopped and closed his eyes for a second. If he can't see her, he was gonna have to feel her. He focused. Really focused. On her voice, her breathing, her heartbeat. Everything around him went quiet.

And he saw her!

She's trapped, and knows exactly where. He summoned his wings again and ran. He jumped over fallen debris and dodged falling debris, getting closer to her. He spotted a pale hand sticking out, along with blonde hair.

"Star!!"

He ran to her and began moving the debris off of her body the best he could. She sat up weakly and coughed.

"Marco! Get out of here!"

"No! I'm not leaving without you!"

Star desperately tried to get the debris off her leg that fell from the burning ceiling, but it was no use. Marco kneeled by her.

"Marco you need to save yourself or you're gonna die!"

Deja vú.

"I don't care! We're gonna make it out! Together."

As another piece of the ceiling fell, Marco shielded her.

"But... what if we don't! The whole building is falling apart! Why don't you just leave!?..."

He grabbed her face and looked into her eyes.

"Because... I... i love you Star."