one

Alizé

Wake up! Wake up! You know who it is FabFiveFreddie your favorite radio personality. Its a beautiful day in Compton and its the first of the month. You know what that means? It means to run your ass to the well fair office to pick up your check before that line get too long. I'm going to play a lil something from Bone Thugs N Harmony to start us off on this beautiful day.

I bring my arm from underneath my cover to turn the volume down on my radio clock. Another day living in Compton. I'm lucky to see another day because people around here don't make it to twenty one. Let me not jinx that cause I'm twenty right now. I place my head back on my pillow closing my eyes again.

" Ali get up."

I stay in my bed not moving muscle.

" Baby sis you got to get up for work I'm not about to beg Lonzo for your job back if he fire yo ass again."

I pull a pillow over my head to block out his annoying voice.

" Alizé Natasha Jackson get yo ass up right now!"

" Damn E I'm up!"

" You better start getting ready now before you be late to work and don't spend this all in one day."

He exits my room leaving a one hundred dollar bill on my dresser. I swing my legs to the side letting them hit the floor. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I look out of my window thanking God for letting me see another day. I walk to the bathroom across the hall and start my hygiene routine.

~~~

" What'd up Dre. "

" Hey baby sis."

I grab a bagel and my work shirt off of the chair. Giving both Andre and Eric a kiss on a cheek and exit out the house.

" Ali make sure you come straight home from work, don't be fooling around in these streets."

" Alright I promise."

" Yo do you have my khakis on ", Dre yells.

I slam the door before he can say anything else. I throw on my shirt over my tank top making my way to my Honda. Starting the engine I pull out of the driveway and speed off to work.

~~~

" Oh you on time ", Lonzo looks at his watch.

" Hey Lonzo."

" Don't think just because you came on time we on good terms."

I walk away with a stank face walking towards the cash register. Looking at the cassette tapes, I pull out N.W.A Straight Outta Compton and put it in the boom box. Lonzo owns a record store that sells vinyl records, cassettes, and CD. I don't even know why he still has this place when people using apple music, but we still get good business though.

" Hey Ali ", Latoya and Felecia say in unison.

" Hey y'all."

" Lonzo mad that you came in late again."

" Naw I was on time today."

They both clap making me roll my eyes.

" Man fuck the both of you."

" No you need to be glad that Lonzo hasn't fired your ass what is it now the third time ", Felecia counts her fingers.

" Yeah but I'm going to change ", I laugh.

" Yeah right ", Destiny laughs.

~~~

I look down at my phone and the clock shows 8:07. I originally was suppose to get off at five, but I told Lonzo that I would work overtime. I didn't mind because that means more money on my paycheck. I was slowly falling asleep on the counter when I heard a loud ass laugh. Cursing the group of boys out in my head I put a lollipop in my mouth while pulling out a magazine.

I was reading an article about how hip hop has changed over the years when I heard someone clear their throat. Looking up I see the most finest man I have ever seen.

He hands me his items and I start to scan them

" Why do you always look mad all the time?"

" Excuse me?"

" You heard me. You always got that same mean mug on your face every time I come in here."

" You don't know how I be looking."

" Yes I do, I've been coming in here every night for the past week. You don't recognize me because you never made eye contact with me."

" Will this be all for you tonight?"

" Yeah let me get 2pac's All Eyez On Me cassette and your name and phone number."

" My name is Alizé."

" Like the liquor?"

" Yes like the liquor ", I laugh, " but I don't really like people calling me that so people call me Ali."

" Alright Ali now what about your phone number?"

I think about it for a while. Should I really give him my phone number now?

" Hand me your phone."

I grab it from his hand putting my number in and my name as Alizé🍷.

" Alright Alizé I'll be calling you soon."
He hands me money for his records and tape. As I was counting out the change, he gently grabs my wrist.

" Keep the change ", he smiles.

He slowly walks backwards biting his lip then exits out the door with his friends.

Shit I forgot to ask him his name.

A/N : let me know what you think about the first chapter.