thirteen

Alizé

Keith's family have been show in me so much love it's amazing. I expected them to give me the cold shoulder, but they instantly loved me when I walked through the door.

I was watching cartoons with Skylar when Mrs.Powers called me into the kitchen. She was standing over the stove stirring something in a pot.

" Hey Alizé."

" Hey Mrs.Pow, I mean hey Jennifer ", smile.

" How do you like Sacramento so far?"

" I love it here! Its so nice and has a homey feel to it."

" I'm glad you like it here, but there is something I need to talk to you about."

Damn.

" Of course, what's up?"

" It's Keith, I want him to stop living in the lifestyle he's in."

" So you know that he's a drug dealer?"

" I knew from the moment he came home at sixteen with a brand new Mercedes Benz as his first car."

" What made him want to do this?"

" Money hungry I guess. He's been like this ever since his father was sent away."

" By sent away you mean jail right?"

" Yes."

" If you don't mind me asking, what was he sentenced for?"

" The same thing Keith is doing right now. Alizé you are a very nice youbg lady and I feel like you are going to stick around for a long time. I just need you to help me turn Keith's life around. He's so stubborn and hardheaded like his daddy and look where that got him. I just don't want to hug my son through a jail cell or even worse...not getting to hug him at all."

I walk over to wrap my hands around her to calm her down. Its heartbreaking to hear the things that left Mrs.Jennifer's mouth.

" I will get him on the right path for you."

" Thank you so much! We are going to visit the kids' father today, would you like to join us?"

" Of course I will."

~ ~ ~

We were five minutes away from the prison Keith's dad is held at. Keith never spoke to me about his father so I wondered how he is as a person. I was nervous because I'm meeting his other parents.

We made it to the prison going towards the front office. They made us show our IDs, searched us, and all that jazz. A guard escorted us to what they call the " family visiting room."

I sat at the round table next to Keith holding his hand. A man with long dreads came out of the doors looking exactly like Keith but a little darker.

" Daddy!"

Kaylan ran over to him hugging him to death. He walks over to the table hugging everybody else except me, I wouldn't blame him.

" Who is this?"

" Pops this is my girlfriend Alizé, Alizé this is my dad Keith."

" Nice to meet you sir."

He brings me in for a hug taking me by surprise.

~ ~ ~

Big Keith is a really chill and funny as hell. He had us laughing most of the time.

" Can y'all give me a minute with Alizé?"

Everyone leaves from the table going to another one.

" Why did your parents name her Alizé?"

" It was my father's favorite drink."

I guess he got the hint that my father passed cause he gave me a sympathetic look.

" I know Jennifer already had this talk with you, but I need you to help Keith turn his life around. I don't want him to end up in here like me or dead. I don't want him to be the man that I am now."

" You got my word Mr.Powers."

a/n
Didn't proof read 😊