nineteen

Alizé

We park in front of my childhood home. Keith started to laugh and I gave him a stank face. I looked down to notice that my grip on his hand is extra tight.

" Baby why you so nervous?"

" Because you're meeting my mom."

" Ok And? Everybody's momma loves me. I'm just lovable."

" Come on lover boy ", I laugh.

I hop down from his jeep waiting for him on the other side. He takes his precious time walking around because he's on his phone. I take him it from him and put in in my back pocket.

" No business alright, you need to relax you've been stressing out lately."

He nods his head wrapping his arms around my waist. Eric and Andre come out making a whole bunch of noise. They push me out the way to do they little handshake with Keith.

" Lil sis we didn't forget about you ", Dre hugs me too hard that I'm gasping for air.

He releases me and I dust off my clothes. Eric hugs me too, but it's less deadly than Dre's.

" Come on momma has been waiting on you ", Eric runs inside the house like a little kids.

I walk inside and all the memories start to cloud my brain. Like that time when we broke momma's lamp throwing a ball in the house. Or that one time I had to go to the ER because I was climbing a tree.

We walk to the back to see everybody having conversations enjoying one another. I see Donte trying to hit on Latoya making me laugh on the inside. It seem like Toya was enjoying his company too. I hear an ear piercing scream and I knew it was my momma.

" MY BABY!"

She gives me a bear hug kissing both of my cheeks. I can't even remember the last time I actually spent sometime with her. She kicked me out of the house when I was sixteen, around the same time I started dating Orlando. We got into a big fight cause she didn't approve of my relationship and my dumb ads left because I was " in love." After I dumped him, I moved in with my brothers, she would stop by, but we didn't speak to one another.

" Hey ma."

" How have you been?"

" I've been good."

" I see you still dressing like a boy."

I looked down at my air force's, baggy jeans, and Keith's 49ners starter windbreaker.

" I mean I'm comfortable ", I laughed.

She joins in wiping her hands with a towel.

" I missed you, I'm glad you're back home."

" Me too."

She converts her attention to Keith giving him a heart warming smart.

" Alizé who is this?"

" Momma met my boyfriend Keith, Keith met my momma."

" Hey Mrs.Jackson."