twenty eight

Keith

I stare at everyone moving downstairs from my office. Letting out a sigh, I rub my hands over my face. I walk over back to my chair taking a seat. Pretty soon I'm going to have to dead all this shit. It doesn't excite me as much as it use to when I was younger and before I met Alizé. She has done something that most girlfriends of drug dealers have a hard time doing...she turned my life around. I realized that I don't need to be dealing drugs out to survive when I have other opportunities out there waiting for me. I grab my sunglasses and keys walking out of my office. I say goodbye to everyone before walking out off the warehouse towards my Range Rover. When I got in I rest my forehead on the steering wheel. I turn around looking in the backseat. I shoe the image of a carseat out of my head and laugh to myself. I don't know why I have this baby fever, I thought this only happened in females. I pull of my phone clicking on my baby's contact name.

" Hello."

" Hey baby girl."

" Hey boo ", she yawns.

" Baby are you just now waking up? It's three in the afternoon."

" Yeah I've been tired lately."

" Oh, do you want to go out and grab lunch?"

" Yes. Where do you want me to meet you at?"

" You might be still tired, so I will pick you up okay and maybe we can go shopping afterwards okay?"

" Ok."

" I will be back home in thirty minutes. I love you."

" I love you too."

~ ~ ~

I pull into our driveway to see Alizé already waiting outside. She had on black biker shorts, black body suit, a phanny pack, my black dad cap, and my black California republic wind breaker. She steps in the car laying back closing her eyes. She grabs her sunglasses sighing.

" What's wrong?"

" I have a headache."

" You've been having those a lot lately, look in the glove compartment I should have some advil."

She takes two pills taking a sip out of my seven eleven drink.

" Baby where do you want to eat at?"

" I don't know right now I have a taste for Chinese, Indian, some chicken, Mexican, Jamaican, and some other stuff."

" Indian? Baby girl you've never had Indian food before."

" It's always good to try something new."

" How about Roscoe's?"

" Yeah that sounds good."

~ ~ ~

When our waiter was walking us to our table, I pull out Alizé' s chair for her. I take a seat and she smiles at me grabbing my hand. I smile at her kissing the top of it. Our waiter comes back and I say my order and then he looks back at Alizé waiting for to respond.

" Um can I have two Obama specials with two bowls of mac n cheese. Is it possible that you can put all of that on one plate?"

" Yes ma'am. Your orders will be out in a few."

I look at Alizé as she scrolls through her phone.

" What?"

" Baby why did you order so much food, when you know you've been having an upset stomach lately."

" I'm just hungry ", she shrugs her shoulders.

" Hmm ok."

She smiles at me before looking down at her phone again.

" Baby girl is there something you need to tell me?"

" Why do you think I need to tell you something?"

" Because you're smiling like you want to spill something."

She unzips her phanny pack pulling out a pregnancy test. Handing it to me, tears brim my eyes as I see two vibrant pink lines. I run my fingers over it in disbelief.

" I'm pregnant ", she smiles.

I get up walking over to her side of the table giving her a hug.

" I'm going to be a daddy ", I whisper.