Chapter 8

Luan's POV

I left the bathroom and walked to my locker. I took out my Literature books. I hated Literature. I don't get Old English and I hated it!

"Romeo and Juliet," I heard that raspy voice from behind me. "You just keeping following me don't you?" I asked, with my back still facing her.

"Or maybe we just have the same class," she held up her copy of Romeo and Juliet.

"Okay," I faced her.

When we got to class I took my usual seat at the front and Maggie sat at the back. Idk why but I wanted her to sit next to me. I frowned slightly.

I took another glance at her and she winked at me and I couldn't help but blush a little.

Nate came and took a seat next to me. "Hey Lu Lu," he smiled, I rolled my eyes at the stupid nickname he gave me since the third grade.

"What no witty comeback?" He frowned. "Will you ever stop calling me that?" I looked into his crystal blue eyes.

"Nope," he smiled, popping the p.

"I know. I mean how could she ever think for a second that Nate would ever wanna date a freak like her?" Tessa snickered.

"She's such a slut for trying to hook up with my boyfriend," Mal whispered loudly to Tessa.

I tried to ignore what they were saying about me but I couldn't.

"Okay class I need some readers for this next scene," Miss Ramos announced.

I need a Romeo, Juliet, Friar Lawrence, Balthasar, Paris for the death scene.

"I'll be Juliet!" Mal raised her hand. "Alright. Anyone else?" Miss Ramos asked.

"I'll be Paris," Nate spoke up. "Are you sure you don't wanna be Romeo?" Mal batted her fake lashes.

"I'd only be Romeo if you were my Juliet," he whispered in my ear. I felt a slight tingle down my spine.

Another boy took Friar and one for Paris.

Act v Scene III

A churchyard, in it a tomb belonging to the Capulets.

Before Mal could read, the bell rang, dismissing us

Before Mal could read, the bell rang, dismissing us. "Alright class well we'll pick this up next class."

I gathered my stuff and walked out of class. I was walking to my locker, when I felt two pairs of hands pull me from behind. I ended up in some dark closet like place.

"What the..." I was cut off by the lights being switched on. I looked around and noticed I was in the Janitor's closet.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from Nate you slut?" Mal hissed.

Mal signaled Tessa and Tessa reached behind her back and took out a piece of wire.

I stepped back and tried to escape but Tessa put the wire around my neck. I could feel my neck being bruised.

I tried to scream but it wouldn't come out. I gasped for air. I thought I was gonna die but then all of a sudden, the wire was released and I inhaled a huge amount of air to make up for lost amount.

I leaned against the shelf with chemicals and looked up at them with pure hatred in my eyes. They both just smirked and left me in the closet.