Chapter 41

Luna's POV

When she stopped crying, I sang her a song, just like I used to when we were younger, since she told me that it made her feel better.

I sang her Scars by Alessia Cara.

"Luan?" "Hmm?"

"I only have one question, why?" "Cause, I don't know."

"Luan that's BS and you know it. Just tell me the God damn truth."

She cringed at my choice of words. "I can't tell you now because I'll probably just cry."

"But please promise you won't say anything," she begged me.

"Luan I can't just...." Please Luna. If you love me, you won't say anything."

I sighed. "I promise."

"Thanks," she said and then drifted to sleep.

I, however, couldn't. Not with all these thoughts running through my head.

How long has she been doing this? Why was she doing this? Did she ever plan on telling us?

So many unanswered questions. But one kept troubling me, was she really in that much pain?

I would have to get her to talk, sooner or later.

I woke up at the crack of dawn. The events of last night, clouded my memory.

Without thinking, I jumped off my bed and sat in my bean chair, watching Luan sleep.

Even with her eyes closed, the looks of worry were plastered on her face.

My heart went out to her.

Luan's POV

I've been awake for a while now, watching Luna watch me. I can't believe I let her see like that last night. So weak, so pathetic.

She moved from the bean chair and stood over me, not taking her eyes off me.

I allowed her to stare at me for a little longer then I spoke up.

"Do you always watch me sleep?" "Uh?....  I um..." she blushed with embarrassment.

"Relax I'm kidding." "Luan we need to talk about last night," Luna said, sadness gracing her features.

My smile immediately turned into a frown. "I don't wanna talk about that now."

"Luan you're hurting yourself. Obviously something's wrong," she said, a little too loudly.

"Shh. We'll talk later. I'm going back to sleep."

I heard her sigh, but mutter an okay.

Truth is, I wasn't tired. I just didn't want to let anyone into my heart or my mind.

I was better off alone. Or at least, I felt that way.