Chapter 17

Luna's POV

I walked up the stairs, but stopped outside mine and Luan's room door when I heard whispering.

"But everyone hates me Mr. Coconuts," she whispered. "I still love you Luan," she did her Mr. Coconuts voice.

Is that really how she feels? Now I just feel awful.

"I know but it's not the same. I mean all my siblings are mad, except Luna but even she keeps her distant."

I pushed the door open, "Luan?"

But she didn't answer. "Look I know you're awake. I heard you talking to yourself...err. Mr. Coconuts," I corrected myself.

"Oh. You weren't to hear that," she smiled, embarrassed.

"Clearly," I muttered.

"Look Luan if you need to talk. I'm here and I'm willing to listen. I don't hate you," I moved closer to her.

"I know. I was just being overly dramatic. I'm fine," she smiled at me.

"Luan..." she interrupted me. "Don't worry sis. I'm good. In fact, I'm going to take a walk."

But before I could stop her, she ran down the stairs and rushed out the front door. Something's wrong with Luan and I'm gonna find out what it is.

Luan's POV

I need to be more careful when I'm talking so Luna or anyone else doesn't hear me.

I walking aimlessly, since I didn't really have anywhere to be but I didn't want Luna pressuring me into telling her anything.

"Luan?" Someone called my name, making me stop. I turned to see Maggie walking towards me.

"Hey," I greeted. "This might come off as strong, since we only met since this week, but do you wanna come to a party with me like tonight? I'll come to your place and I'll like even carry you back."

I pondered her offer for a moment. Should I... a. Stay at home, with my siblings who hate me and who'll probably ignore me or b. Go to a party with a potential friend and have some fun.

"So?" Maggie asked. I didn't even remember that I hadn't answered her so I nodded, excitedly.

For another hour or two, Maggie and I enjoyed each other's company. We talked about the most random things and needless to say, I think I like her.

She was really sweet to me, despite her emo exterior. She carried me back home.

"I enjoyed myself today Luan, just talking to you. I can't talk like this with any of my friends," she formed a small smile.

She leaned into my ear and whispered," see you at 8."

Her cold breath gave me the chills, but in a good way.