Chapter 44

Luan's POV

It was me. But different. I was dressed in all white.

"L...l..luan?" I asked. "In the flesh," she replied. "I don't understand," I shook my head.

Luan: But you will. And call me Kaia. I like that name.

Luan: Who said that?

Kaia: I did.

I looked in the dresser mirror and saw myself again, dressed in all black. I liked that look.

Angel: You see, we're your conscience, kind of like different sides if you. Oh and you can call me Angel.

Kaia: We know you're hurting, so I'm here to tell you how to end your pain and suffering for life.

I looked down at the ground.

Kaia: I know what you're thinking. You wanna do it don't you?

I kept my head down.

Angel: Don't do it Luan, think of your family.

Kaia: Oh you mean the family that hated you just cause you made a mistake? Pfft! Luan trust me, you'll be happy if you end it all. Trust me.

Angel: No what about your friends. People will miss you, even though you think they won't. They will.

Kaia: Don't listen to that weirdo. Do it. End it before Luna gets back. You'll feel better. I guarantee that.

My head was spinning, both 'Angel' and 'Kaia' had good points. I definitely did want to end my pain and suffering but my family and friends.

Would they care? Or would they feel relieved that they don't have to deal with me?

Angel: Don't do it.

Kaia: Do it.

That was the last thing I heard, then my eyes shot open.

What a weird dream. But I know what I must do, Kaia was right. It has to be this way.

I flipped through my notebook, and tore out a leaf, writing a note, addressed to my family.

Tears rolled down with each word I wrote.

When I was finished writing it, I went downstairs for a can of soda.

I managed to jimmy the lock on Lisa's door and got some chloroform and added it to the soda, only stopping when the soda started foaming.

Then I cut my wrist, drawing enough blood to sign the note.

I held the note to my heart, tears still flowing down. I closed my eyes and chugged the soda.

My body fell to the floor. I watched the note flutter to the floor, landing beside my body.

My eyes stared at the ceiling, taking in the last look of the room.

I let out a sad chuckle. "Well at least now I'm finally at ease."

Then my eyes closed, slipping me into the darkness.

A/N: Kaia is the dark version of Luan and Angel is the lighter version.