Chapter 23

Luan's POV

Phoebe and the girls brought me back home at 2. I stepped up to the doorway and closed my eyes.

But I was pleasantly surprised. "Surprise!" My parents and all my siblings yelled.

"Guys!" I smiled. They all hugged me.

"What is all this? You guys do know it's not my birthday don't you?" I raised a playful eyebrow.

"Luan we're really sorry for the way we treated you. You didn't deserve that," Lori put an arm around me.

Their voices all overlapped with apologies. I felt so happy. Nothing could ruin today.

It was nice to know that my family still loves me.

~Time skip~

Third Person POV

The party was amazing. They had cake, ice-cream, a dance off, Luna won of course, sing-off, Luna won that too. But it was fun.

Luan finally felt like a part of the family again and not like some outcast.

Her stomach didn't react too well with the food since all she had was the cake and ice-cream. No pizza, no chips, nothing.

And she ended up hurling those items anyways.

Luan recorded today's events in her diary. Today was the most fun she had in weeks.

"Well Mr. Coconuts, I guess my family does still love me, even when I mess up. They might not show it at first, but they do care and I choose to believe that they always will," Luan squeezed Mr. Coconuts tightly.

Luna stood on the outside, and hearing Luan sound so happy and seeing her look genuinely happy and radiant like always, made her smile.

But what Luna didn't know was that beneath all that smiling and laughing, somewhere deep down is a broken girl who might not have family problems anymore but she still has school problems and that just might be enough  for Luan to need someone to "save her from herself."