Chapter 38

Luna's POV

Noises coming from the living room woke me from my slumber.

I walked down the stairs. The tv was going and I peaked at Luan. Her arms were tucked under a pillow and she was snoring softly.

I switched off the tv. I leaned down and touched her forehead, cause she was sweating but the place was cool.

Damn! She's roasting. I slipped her head into my lap and sang her a song.

So rockabye baby rockabye,
I'm gonna rock you
Rockabye baby, don't you cry, somebody's got you.
Rockabye baby rockabye.
Rockabye.

Her eyes opened slowly and she looked up at me, with that innocent look in her eyes.

"Luna?" "Hey love. Are you okay? Your forehead's hot." I asked, with my British accent.

"I feel sick," she sniffled. "Aww babe don't cry."

I went to the bathroom and came back with a damp cloth for her forehead.

"Luna will you stay down here with me tonight?" Her voice was soft.

I nodded.

I squeezed in beside her on the couch. Her body was smaller than usual. Was she even eating?

"Hey Luan, are you eating okay?"

"Yeah I am." "Then why are you so skinny love?"

"Luna can we stop with the third degree?" She snapped.

"Fine," I switched back to my regular talking.

I knew she was lying to me. She's been keeping secrets.

Luan's POV

When I woke up, Luna was gone. There was a note on the table.

Hi Luan. Your breakfast's in the microwave, there's stuff for lunch in the fridge. Oh and Lori's here. She's gonna take care of you. I told her you're sick. Hope you feel better. Love you lots.

I remembered last night, with Luna taking care of me and humming to me. That's why I love her. She always makes me feel good, and that's why lying to her makes me feel so crappy.

Maybe I should eat something. I haven't really eaten since this whole bullying started and Luna's noticing my reduction in weight.