Chapter 27

Third Person's POV

Luan had been happy for the past two days and that was because Mal and Tessa had given her a break. In fact, it was like she never existed to them, which she didn't mind at all.

She even pulled minor pranks and told a few jokes this morning.

As Lynn pulled hers and Lucy's bedroom door, a bucket of water spilled on her head.

"Ha ha ha ha! Pailed it," Luan appeared from around the corner, laughing.

"Ugh! Luan!" Lynn whined. "Glad to see you're smiling and pulling pranks today,"Lynn said, wringing the water out of her hair.

Although Lynn didn't say it, she was beginning to get worried about Luan. Because lately she wasn't herself. But seeing Luan pull that prank a while ago and laughing the way she was, made Lynn believe that Luan was okay.

And Luan was happy to let her think that. Even though, Mal and Tessa hadn't bugged her all week, she couldn't help but be on the look out, in case they decide to get her when she least expects it. Luan was too smart to let her guard down that easily. Something wasn't right but she didn't know what.

At breakfast Luan was even the most talkative and this made her siblings smile, to see her so happy.

The doorbell rang right after breakfast and Luan took the courtesy of opening the door.

"Maggie?" "Hi. Haven't seen you since Saturday morning. Thought maybe you decided to avoid me," Maggie said, honestly.

Luan shook her head. "Never." Maggie stood in Luan's doorway, staring at Luan.

"Okay. So what's up?" Luan asked. "Oh right. I'm here to take you to school."

"Really? Let's go."

For the whole ride to school, Luan kept going on and on about random things while Maggie just simply sat there, listening to her. Maggie was beginning to feel weird around Luan and she didn't know why.

It was like anytime Luan was near her, or Luan would have physical contact with her, her heart would beat faster and she would feel butterflies.

'Why is this girl having that effect on me?' She silently asked herself.