The Man In Iron

The Doctor’s POV

As Martha dropped to the ground, a man appeared in what seemed to be a flying metal suit. A blast of light came from his hand and the creature went flying. He landed beside me and the mask covering his face lifted up. “Are you crazy?” He huffed staring at me, then Martha, then the TARDIS. “What are you doing out here? You wanna be caught by Loki’s guys?”

“Loki?” Surely he wasn’t referring to the mythical Norse god of mischief. He stared back at me with confusion silently. He decided to change the topic. “What’s with the box?” He asked.

“It’s my spaceship; it’s how I got here.” I replied simply, I found it best not to lie to the man who had just saved mine and Martha’s lives. “You mean I picked up a signal, that was similar to one I would get if the Enterprise landed here, and you’re telling me it came from an old wooden box?” He said disbelievingly, his eyebrows raised.

“Yes”

“Wow, maybe you are crazy” he said under his breath. As there was a pause in the conversation, my mind turned to Martha, she was still unconscious, “Well whoever you are,” he finally said, “crazy or not, you need to get out of here.” His attention was also now turned to Martha. There was a sudden shriek from somewhere close. No doubt it was more of those creatures that had attacked Martha. “Now.” His mask flipped down and he lifted Martha and I with ease and flew off into the distance, leaving the TARDIS behind.

. . .

Martha’s POV

“Martha? Martha can you hear me?”

“I think she’s coming round.”

“What was that anyway? What were those creatures?”

“Chitauri soldiers. They hit her with a stun grenade; sometimes they can have tracking devices in ‘em. What, don’t tell me you don’t know what they were?”

“Tracking devices? Martha?”

I heard a muffled conversation between the Doctor and someone else who I didn’t recognise, an American. My eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the light. I saw the Doctor and a well groomed man in the background. “Oh Martha, you’re alright.” The Doctor’s relieved expression made me wonder what had been wrong. “What happened?” I still couldn’t remember clearly. I knew something went wrong with the TARDIS. It was the strangers turn to talk to me. “You were attacked, by an alien, a Chitauri soldier, who is under command by the Norse god Loki, to hunt capture and sometimes kill humans.” His words were fast. I’d have trouble understanding him if I were fully conscious and aware of my surroundings, in my state, I had no chance, so his words just flowed through me, not even attempting to be absorbed and translated into speech. “What?” I said dazedly, my head still fuzzy. He ignored my question and walked away.

The Doctor started scanning me with his sonic screwdriver. “What are you doing?” The ringing noise was giving me a headache. “Searching for any sort of alien technology or abnormalities.” He could see that I was still in a haze and by my expression he knew I didn’t get it through. “Looking for a tracking device.” He gave me a sympathetic look and checked his screwdriver. “Nope, nothing you’re fine.” He smiled and the man came back with a glass of water and handed it to me. “I’m Tony Stark by the way, and I’m guessing you haven’t heard of me either?”

“Nope.” I replied, feeling better after the drink.

“We’re not from around here,” the Doctor informed him. “We must have fallen through a rip in the universe and into another one, into this universe. I must have missed one of the links while I was closing them up. Then we landed here.” He said more to himself than anything. “When you landed here, you mean in that box? Wait, did you say another universe?” Tony seemed baffled, but I don’t blame him.

“Yes and yes.” Tony narrowed his eyes at the Doctor, coming to some sort of conclusion in his head. “You’re just a mad man with a box, aren’t you?” The Doctor replied with the only word he seemed to be able to utter: “Yes.”

“Well you must have names, you’re Martha, right?” His attention now averted to me, I nodded, “Yeah, and he’s the Doctor,”

“Doctor? Doctor who?” It only occurred to me now how amusing that question was, because I wasn’t asking it. The Doctor sighed “Just the Doctor.” Tony just nodded in suspicion.

Tony broke the silence by addressing what seemed to be the ceiling. “JARVIS, is the blue box examination complete yet?” Suddenly a polite British accent echoed throughout the room, coming from nowhere in particular.

“Not yet sir, I’m having difficulty specifying the contents of the box, it seems as though the inside is different, somewhere else, compared to the outside. It seems to go beyond the laws of physics and I can’t calculate its internal location.”

Tony’s face contorted in complete confusion “What?” He looked at the ceiling, then at the Doctor. He only replied with awe at the fact he had A.I. installed into his home. The voice continued, “and sir, I am picking up signals of a non-human organism in the room,” Tony’s head shot directly at the Doctor, knowing it was him and not me. The Doctor only smiled at him. “So tell me about this guy Loki."

*A/N: Please tell me what you guys think, and if I'm portraying the characters correctly, if I'm going anything wrong please tell me and I'll do my best to get it sorted out <3*