Alcohol and Awkwardness

Martha’s POV

To be completely honest, I didn’t know what I was going to find in Loki’s room, but this was definitely not what I had expected. The blood I had seen on the walls had gone. Had he washed it off? His room was messy with objects scattered across the floor and bed, but it seemed that there was method to the madness. As I took a closer look at the objects on the floor, I was amazed. How could Loki even get a hold of these? There were books, CDs and mostly DVDs everywhere. I saw Loki staring at a television screen, completely engrossed in nothing other than the Lion King. It was the most bizarre situation I’d ever walked into-which is something since I travel through time and space with an alien. To think that a murderous god with daddy issues could sit down and watch the Lion King.

“You see,” he started, “Scar gets it, he understands.” He slurred. I saw multiple empty glass bottles lying on the floor. That’s right, I told the guards to give him some alcohol to take the edge off the pain, but not the whole bar, Tony’s not going to be happy. I then started to go over all of the similarities between Loki and Scar and laughed a bit at their closeness.

“ ‘And seen for the wonder I am!’ ” He quoted, “I like him, he’s a good guy.” Oh god, Loki is drunk.

“Um sir? You wished to see me?” I asked warily.

He let out an exclamation as he remembered and jumped off the bed, lost his balance a bit, and grabbed an empty wine bottle. He waved it about my face and said “You’re a healer, I need more pain killers!”

“I think you’ve had enough pain killers.” I laughed.

He squinted his eyes, “I am your king, and I order you to get me more medicine! It tastes awful but it works.”

I nodded and went out to the bar and brought back a bottle of wine. He was standing in the doorway staring at me. He burst into a fit of giggles and I felt extremely uncomfortable. “What?” I asked but he kept laughing.

“You Midgardians have ridiculous ways of curing. It’s like a great Asgardian festival inside my head.” He continued to giggle. I folded my arms and stood and watched him, this was one of the most amusing things I’d ever seen.

“And do you know what else is amusing?” He boomed cheerfully, “you and your Avengers think you have the upper hand. Ha! Could you imagine it? Thor, the big oaf, thinks he can outsmart me?!” He burst into a fit of giggles again. “He….He doesn’t know what I know!” This changed my mood. This was the whole point of me being here, to get information from Loki.

“What do you know?” I asked, stepping forward. Loki smiled and clumsily tapped his finger on his nose. “It’s a secret, shhhhh!” He whispered. He motioned for me to come forward and he took the wine off me and returned to his room. I followed him.

He was watching the television again. It was near the end where Simba and Scar were fighting.

“You see, that’s where we differ,” said Loki in a suddenly serious tone, “I won, and my plan worked. I have plans for this planet. Scar never thought it through enough, but I know what I’m doing. In time you will all thank me for what I’ve done for you! You will appreciate my gift and realise that I was born a king. You will worship me as your king, no, your god!” He’d suddenly turned angry, waving his glass about, spilling red wine all over the bed sheets.

“Is that what you want?” I asked him, “To be appreciated, accepted, love?” I dared ask him the question since he was drunk and I knew he wasn’t much of a threat.

“Love?” He scoffed. His stare was cold, but then his eyes trailed off to the side and his expression  softened, as if he were considering it. He came back to reality and shook his head. “I don’t need love. I have been denied it all my life and I’ve managed without it just fine.” He said bitterly.