Prologue

A/N: Hello, this is my first story I've done on Wattpad so hopefully it's not that bad, I really hope you like it!

Dedicated to LittleJonesx for introducing me to Wattpad, encouring me to post this, and for being an awesome friend! <3

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this fanfiction-belonging to marvel and doctor who. I am using them for entertainment purposes only. I mean no harm or offense, and I do not wish to wake up with the police at my door for theft or use of trademarking (whatever this offense would be).

“You have the Tesseract?” The Other’s raspy voice echoed.

“Yes.” Loki stated. “No thanks to your soldiers.” The Other breathed heavily and extended his hand with two thumbs, “Hand it to me,” he demanded, ignoring his last comment. Loki’s eyes narrowed as a slight smirk appeared on his face. “I have another demand I must ask of you first.” The Other grew impatient; this was not part of the deal. “What?”

“I am to keep your army of Chitauri.”

“I thought you said they were inept, futile, lacked finesse,”

“Yes, but if the Avengers were to return, they would not be as much of a threat with their wounded spirits, if I had the army. We wouldn’t want our efforts to count for nothing now would we?” Loki grinned at the Tesseract, his skin slightly blue, and then looked back at the Other, hoping he would get the message.

The Other grunted in frustration. “Very well, Asgardian, but not all, He has plans for other worlds, and He would not be pleased to find His army wasting away on that wasteland you call a kingdom.”

“I’m sure he could find new soldiers a lot easier now that he has the Tesseract.”

“So we have a deal? We have the Tesseract now?”

“Yes, the nine realms are yours to conquer, so long as I keep my army.”

There was a silence. It was smothering in the strange, rocky, desolate planet. Loki finally handed the Tesseract over to the Other. As he reached out to claim the cosmic cube he and his master had been waiting for a very long time for, he held on to Loki’s arm in a firm grip. “Then I shall start with Asgard.” He chuckled as he backed away. As Loki prepared to teleport back to Earth, he couldn’t help but think about the Other’s last words. He didn’t care that he was attacking Asgard, in fact, if he didn’t have Earth to rule, he would probably join him in bringing Asgard down, the place that he hated with everything he had. So what was this feeling? He disregarded it immediately and his thoughts turned back to Earth as he disappeared and found himself on top of the Stark Building.

. . .

Tenth Doctor’s Theme plays as the title screen opens.