The Beginning of the End: Part 2

Thor’s POV

I blasted off into the air in my usual fashion to get to stable ground so Heimdall could beam me up to Asgard. I had grown accustomed to travelling through the Bifrost. In all of its glory, it was still not as pleasant as it looked.

I ran out, heading straight for the palace. Heimdall stood in his usual composed and fixed manner, he had been watching over the Midgardian battle with his gifted eyesight so there was no need to explain what has been happening. I only gave him a nod of my head to acknowledge him and he returned the favour before I took off and sped towards the palace.

I burst into the main hall, this matter was too urgent to wait. Odin was sitting in his throne as per usual, talking to Frigga. They both turned and looked at me as I entered.

“What news do you bring of Midgard, my son?” Odin asked. He had now fully turned around to face me as I spoke. Frigga ran towards me and embraced me with her usual motherly passion.

“And what of Loki?” She added. It was not a surprise to me that Frigga would ask of Loki and Odin would avoid him.

“We are outnumbered, father. Loki is beyond reason and his forces have grew incredibly in these last few moments.” I said while looking him straight in the eye.

“Well?” He said so plainly that I was taken aback.

“Well we need more men.” I replied raising my voice a little, “I have come here for help, to ask you to send warriors to Midgard to help us.” I pleaded.

Odin stood up and walked about the hall before replying. “No.”

“I don’t understand, no what?”

“No; I will not send any warriors to Midgard. It is because of Loki, Asgard is now under threat. I cannot risk being short on men when a battle is imminent. We can clean up his mess once we deal with our own.”

“Asgard is under threat?” I said as I raised my eyebrow.

“Who do you think gave Loki that army to take over Midgard? Who now possesses the tesseract and threatens to take over Asgard and all of the other nine realms? A man named Thanos made dealings with Loki through one known as The Other, both very dangerous and nothing but evil set on their minds. You know this. Now that they have the Tesseract, what is to stop them from claiming the universe as we know it?”

“Wh-” Odin interrupted me before I could answer, “They will attack Asgard first, and we need every man ready, including you.”

“Including me? Father-”

“You are not to go back to Midgard, they have their own defenders. We need you to help fight Thanos and his forces. I am not to be argued with, you are staying here and fighting for your home before anything else. You are one of the best warriors and we will win with you here.”

“I have sworn to protect the Earth and that is exactly what I intend to do. You have plenty warriors here, why do you need one more? Loki will enslave the Earth while we just stand by idly and do nothing!”

“Thanos is not nothing! He is the single most dangerous threat we have ever encountered and he is a little bit more important than Loki’s mischief right now!” Odin roared. I never said anything back to him. It was useless trying to argue with him and I knew I had to stay. I thought that Thanos must have been a big deal if Odin wouldn’t even let me leave and fight on Midgard. I was frustrated to say the least; I couldn’t even communicate with Stark to tell him I could not return.

I helped fight Thanos’ attacks day after day for months until one day a man in a blue box appeared…

*A/N: Decided to keep this chapter short and sweet. It was really hard to write for some reason and I’m sorry if it sucks, but I’ll be back on the actual storyline for the next chapter and things are starting to get complicated. The good news is that I’ve pretty much finished my project so I can go back to updating like normal. This has not been proofread.*