T W E N T Y O N E

Song Of The Chapter: Set Fire To The Rain- Adele.

Anastasia's POV_

"I Don't know." I sighed. "I really don't." I shaked my head, deciding that it's finally time I let my tired, shocked body rest from what happened the minute I opened up my eyes to walk down those stairs.

"What did we say about getting attached to boys we hook up with, Anastasia?" Joyce glanced up at me as I took a seat next to her on my couch, still thinking about the view I saw earlier, and how it surprisingly revolted me for some reason.

"I'm not attached to him mate." I breathed. "It's just that, I've seen him at his worst because of her, and the next thing I know, they're making out." I explained why am I so annoyed by such a scene.

I mean, out of all the women in the world, he chose to make out with the one that obviously broke his heart.

Out of all the women he could've chosen... he chose her.

It's not like I would be annoyed if she was a random girl, because I won't...

Well, maybe a little bit, yes, but I wouldn't be as annoyed as I am right now.

It's just a matter of principle, you know? Like, it doesn't really add up to me how can a person like her have the audacity to even show up back there.

And the way he was holding her...

God, I really don't know.

Maybe I'm overreacting, or being too protective.

I don't know.

It's just that, we talked, you know?

I saw his tears, and I heard his voice cracks when he talks about her... I've seen it all, and then I saw the way his hands held her so tight, and his eyes fully shut just for her, and that broke my heart, because I know how much he was hurting, and I tried healing him.

I tried being there for him.

I went out of my way too hard, and I tried staying around him, and I broke my only rule of not caring for random guys I meet in clubs, just because I saw how much she's been hurting him.

I haven't even went to the club for so long after I used to go there almost every week, just so I could stay with him for the night, and stop him from drinking that bad.

I tried to save him, but from the way I saw them kissing, I don't think he even wants to be saved.

"He loves her." She told me, trying to snap me out of the daydream I've been having of him possibly forgetting about her.

"He promised me that he's going to try and forget!" I stated facts, showing how genuinely mad I am because of everything that happened in the past hour, trying to get my best friends to understand my point, and somehow expose my pain that I've been holding away ever since I left his apartment.

"She has his heart, Ann, you can't change that." Mia spoke, literally too quietly to seem like she even meant it.

"Exactly!" Joyce agreed. "What do you have?" She added.

"I have a promise." I informed her. "I have his body." I don't know why, but I could feel my tears burning my eyes as I spoke, a little hurt at how my friends aren't even trying to understand how waking up to such a scene annoyed me.

"I really don't understand why you're making a big deal out of this. You knew he wasn't yours in the first place." Mia sighed.

"But I thought he could change." I spoke. "I thought I could change him." I added, attempting to regulate my breath just so I won't cry.