#7

It was Monday again.
And that meant work. I only had 6 more days left to convince Jae. But I felt happy today.I had a great time with Jun yesterday. We went out for food and then we spent the whole day on the couch just talking and me watching him playing. I know it wasn't really much. But I needed to relax.

When I got to the building, I showed my ID card to the guard, and smiled at him. He looked really surprised. I just kept walking.
Today I had an early session with the boys, and after that I was planning on using the workout facility's Mr.Park had told me I could use. I needed to stay in shape with all the food I was eating.
When I got to my office the boys was already there.
- am I late or something?
I asked them.
- no. I just wanted to be sure we actually got the right time.
Sungjin said, and gave Jae a look.
- Hello Siyeon.
Wonpil said. I was kind of surprised me. He actually smiled too. What was he playing at? But I wasn't going to let him fool me.
- good morning.
I said to him. I greeted the others, and sat down on one of the couches.
- so what do you wanna do today?
I asked them. I felt it was important to let them decide what they wanted to work with.
- sleep.
Jae said. He was funny as usual.
- me too.
I said, making him laugh. The others was just sitting there looking at us.
- I'll get you a coffee if you want.
I told him.
- I already had some. Still waiting for it to kick in.
Jae answered.
I understood what he meant. Even if my mood was good today, I was still tired.
- so I guess you guys are good now?
YoungK asked us.
I looked at Jae, and he kind of gave me a smile.
- I guess so.
He answered. But I still knew he meant what he said about me only having a week.

We worked for a while, and talked a lot. I knew it was hard to focus all the time so I let them play on their phones and take walks if they want to. After a while I was getting kind of tired myself. I excused myself so that I could get some more coffee. I had just exited my office, and maybe walked a few meters away when someone grabbed my wrist. I got pretty startled. I turned around. It was Wonpil.
- what are you doing?
I asked him.
I was not going to let him ruin my day. Or my life.
- why did you have to come here?
He asked me.
I didn't really understand.
- out of all the companies. Why this one? Did you come here because of me?
He asked me.
I was shocked by his questions. Did he really think that highly about himself?
- I don't even know you.
I told him.
But he could tell. He could tell I was lying.
- don't do that to me. Don't lie to me.
He said, and started dragging me towards the elevator.
Where was he taking me?
When we got in the elevator, he pressed the top floor button. Was he going to push me of the roof? My paranoia was seriously kicking in.
But then he pressed the stop button.
why does the elevator have a stop button? What floor where we in?
- why isn't the door opening?
I said and started pressing the open button repeatedly. I was really freaking out. I didn't even like elevators to begin with.
- because I hit the emergency stop button.
He said. How stupid was he?

•WonPil's POV•
I actually had no idea where to take her,and I remembered seeing somewhere when you really needed to be alone, you hit the emergency button on the elevator.
Some American movie.
- no...no no..
Siyeon started yelling, and freaked out.
Was she scared of elevators?
She backed away from me, so that she was literally pressed against the wall.
- oh my god. You're going to kill me.
She said.
What? Why was she so scared? I just needed to talk to her.
- you're going to finish what your friends started aren't you?
She asked me, and started to breathe like she couldn't.
But what did she mean?
- what?
I asked her.
She just looked at me. Then she was going to say something, but stopped. She looked so confused.
She still looked scared. Why did she think I would hurt her?
This was a bad idea. Yet, maybe I wanted to scare her a bit.
- nothing never mind.
She said, but remained pressed up against the wall.
I remembered why we where here. I had questions. So many.
- tell me about your injury. It happened in high school right?
I asked her.
It had to be that one.
- please don't make me tell you.
She said, and didn't look me in the eyes. Actually she wasn't looking at me at all now.
- why not?
I asked her.
- because it's one of the worst things that has happened to me..
She said.
Ok. I guess I shouldn't ask her about it. But I just needed to know when it happened.
- just say yes or no. Did it happen in high school?
I asked her again.
She nodded. I wouldn't ask her more about it.
- why did you apply for a job here?
I asked.
It was a simple question. She had to answer.
- it wasn't because of you. I didn't even realize you would be here, until I got accepted.
She answered.
So she didn't know? But she had to have known that I was in the group she got assigned to.
- why didn't you ask to work with another group when you got assigned to us? You should have known it was a bad idea.
I asked.
She kind of rolled her eyes at me. It wasn't a stupid question. I moved closer to her, and I realized I probably shouldn't have. Because she looked even prettier up close.
why did I think that..I needed to stay focused.
- why do you never answer my questions?
I asked her.
- just.. back off please?

•Siyeon's POV•

I hated him being this close. Because I liked it. And I also liked seeing him irritated. Just like in high school. That's why I liked him so much back then.
Because he seemed to be the only one who wasn't afraid of me, or put up with my bullshit. I guess that's why I was the worst to him. I wanted to see if I could break him.
- fine.
He said, and backed away. I remembered his question.
- Mr.park didn't tell me who I would be assigned to.. well. I didn't know before I laid eyes on you. And i would never dare to ask for another group. I would probably get fired if I did. Please understand. I don't want to loose my job.
I told him.
I wanted to cry now. I wanted to go home. He made me feel like my life was over. It would only be a matter of time before they all figured out who i really was.
- don't make me feel bad for you.. don't you even remember all the bad things you did to people?!
He kind of shouted at me.
I don't want to remember.
I finally started to cry. Right in front of him. I just covered my face with my hands and sobbed.
I had no idea how he was looking at me now. I didn't care. He made me hurt so bad. I had to fight so hard to keep all the memories locked away, but they had started to leak into my brain.
But I suddenly felt a pair of hand holding my shoulders. He told me to stop crying. He was the the one freaking out right now. Maybe he had never seen anyone cry because of him.

•WonPil's POV•

When she started crying I freaked out. That girl I knew from high school...
She would never cry because of someone like me. Or cry like, ever.
I didn't know what to do, other than to hold her shoulders and tell her not to cry. Eventually she stopped and I made her take her hands away from her face.
But when she looked at me, I knew she would cry again.
I didn't think.
I just.
.
.
kissed her.
Then the elevator lights turned on again, and the door opened.
And she ran away.