I couldn't believe my ears

I didn't know if I should feel insulted or what

Did I look like a Mother?

Maybe its my hair, many people tell me that I look old with long hair.

"Excuse me?" I said with disbelief. He just nod, eyes still focused on the road

"You remind me of her, a strong, independent and patient woman"

I don't think telling a girl that she reminded you of your mom is a nice compliment

At all

Especially if you're dating that girl

But me and John were nothing more than friends which he should be thankful of because if we were more than friends I would've jumped out of his car the second those words left his mouth.

"Oh, thank you" I said awkwardly, looking outside the window to avoid looking at him. The awkwardness was so thick I could almost see it floating around the air.

"Does you Grandma know?" John asked breaking the awkward silence. "No" I said with a hard tone "And I don't want to" I can feel his intense gaze on me making me feel uncomfortable.

The talk that me and the cop had earlier made me open my eyes and realize how stupid I am. I hug myself tightly to make my hands busy. I didn't want John to hold my hand.

"I get it, you're trying to save her from all the stress and worry but Alex-"

"No" I stopped him before he could even finish his sentence "I don't want to talk about this, please" I said closing my eyes trying to stop the headache from getting worse.

John stayed silent and continued to drive. He didn't bother to open his mouth after that which I was thankful for. His voice was oddly giving me bad headaches.

Suddenly remembering something, I quickly got out my phone and started typing as fast as I can

"Stop messing around I just reported you to the police. I would stop now if I were you"

I clicked the send button before I changed my mind.

I waited for a ring

I waited for a vibration

I waited for John to take out his phone

Then I heard a vibration

I looked at John waiting for him to check his phone but he didn't. My heart started pounding inside my chest

It's him

He's the creep

John looked at my terrified face with hard eyes.

"Aren't you going to check that?" John asked making me confused but the pounding in my chest never went away.