Chapter II

The Countdown

•••

I wanted to laugh.

I wanted to smile, roll my eyes and convince myself that it was nothing

That there was nothing to be afraid of

That it was just a coincidence

But I couldn't and I shouldn't lie to myself. The person who texted me and the person who left this black envelope inside John's car is crazy.

But how did this person leave the envelope inside John's car?

Did John leave his car unlocked when he got home?

Was it John who texted me? Was he playing games with me? Because if he is, I'm not having fun at all

Not one bit

The text message and the note scared me so much I locked all of the window's and made sure that all of the doors were locked, especially the front and back door.

Grandma was watching me go crazy with the locks of the doors earlier but she didn't ask anything. She decided to just ignore me and let me be crazy.

But I didn't want her to let me

I wanted her to ask me what was wrong

But she didn't, she continued reading her book about sewing and drinking her favorite strawberry lemon tea.

I hugged my knees tightly and stared at my phone waiting for John to text me.

I wanted to clear my head. I needed a distraction, badly.

I felt my phone vibrate and I held my breath

I slowly looked at the screen

and sighed in relief when I saw that it was John.

"Party's done! :) how are you?"

My fingers started tapping on the screen fast

"Can you please call"

After twenty seconds, my phone started ringing.

"Hello" I said a little too excited "Hey, are you okay? Is there something wrong?" John asked worriedly. My heart melted when I heard his words that was laced with concern.

Should I tell him?

Well, he did find the note in his car. I think he deserves to know.