I woke up feeling very sick.

My headache was getting worse

My whole body was shivering like crazy even with a thick comforter wrapped around it

I felt weak

I started coughing like an old person, making me sit up and take a deep breath.

I looked at the window to see that the sun was up and the blinding sunlight was already inside my room.

I forced myself to stand up and walk downstairs.

The smell of bacon and eggs filled my nose which made me feel a little better. I enter the kitchen to see one of my Grandma's maids who's assigned to cook breakfast everyday was back.

"Goodmorning, Alex! Nice to see you again, sweetheart. Have a seat, breakfast's almost cooked!" Kate said with a cheerful smile

"Hey Kate, where's Lily and Jess?" Lily and Jess are the two other maids, Lily's assigned to do the laundry and Jess' assigned to do the cleaning.

"Oh sweetie, Jess just left a few minutes ago. She was actually looking for you" Kate said, putting and organizing the eggs on the plate.

"Lily's not coming today because it's her and her husband's anniversary today" Kate placed the plate of bacon and eggs carefully on top of the table. She wipes her hands on her apron and grabbed the paper and pen on top of the fridge.

She started scribbling on the paper and looked at me "Have you guys done grocery?" I nod, chewing on the delicious bacon. She gave me a nod then sticks the note on the fridge.

"Tell Nana Beth that I already wrote everything that she needs to do today on the paper, okay?" I nod and gave her a thankful smile.

"How long have you been doing this for Grandma?" I asked curiously, watching her return the paper and pen and remove her apron. She sat down beside me and started eating with a thinking face on.

"Three years?" She said unsure. "You managed to stick around with her for three years?" I joked "I've been thinking about stabbing myself for three years too" We both started laughing then she stopped laughing but the smile remained on her face.

"I'm joking but you know what I learned about your Grandma?" She whispered with a smile and nudged me on my arm.

"That there's always going to be someone who will love you"

I stopped chewing and looked at her.

"I had a miscarriage and she was the one who helped me get through with that" She said staring at the wall like she could see my Grandma comforting her. "The minute I walked inside our house back from the hospital, something inside me just shut down. I couldn't feel anything anymore, the baby that was once kicking inside me just-...." She stopped for a moment making my breath hitch on my throat

I didn't want her to cry

"just...vanished, you know? It was gone. I kept rubbing my tummy for so many hours, whispering for the baby to just come back and that I'll be a better Mother but sadly, she never did" a tear escaped from my right eye but I quickly wiped it away, trying to get a hold on myself.