Twenty-Six

Hours later

Esther is still in her office and is completely drunk.

She goes to pour herself another glass of wine, but is only left with a single drop from the large bottle.

Instead of pouring it into the cup in front of her she drinks it straight from the bottle itself.

After Esther finishes the bottle, she gets up and walks over to the door and walks out.

                                              **
Dr.Koop is in his office listening to the weather forecast on the radio.

He pulls the cap off of the lipstick and just stares at it for a while just thinking.

All of a sudden, the little thing he pulled out of Scott's neck earlier in the day starts moving around inside the jar it's in.

**
All of a sudden, Esther stumbles into the common room looking around.

She looks around at all the patients walking around and Sister Kate trying to get them all settled for movie night.

Esther tries to blow her whistle the first time but has a hard time.

The second time she blows it and gets everyone's attention.

"Take your seats!" Esther yells at all the patients.

"Take your seats! No more messing around!"

"Sit down!" She yells as she walks towards the front of the room.

"Sit down!" She yells one last time.

"Is everyone accounted for?" Esther asks.

"The Mexican isn't here. I was gonna go look for her after I was done setting up the projector." The guard says.

"Nah, I'll go look for them. I want you to stay here. I'll go after I introduce the picture." Esther says to the guard as he's setting up the movie projector.

"Can do." The guard replies.

Esther starts to walk back up to the front of the room looking back and forth to make sure everyone is seated.

"Welcome one and all to Briarcliff's movie night." Esther says stumbling a little as she walks.

"This evening will either start a new tradition or just another bitter disappointment, is entirely up to you. No settle in, relax and return with me to Rome as we begin to watch The Signs of the Cross!" Esther continues now slurring her words.

The thunder rings loudly and the patients start to freak out.

"No settle down now! None of that!" Esther yells.

"Don't be afraid of the dark. At the end of a storm is a golden sky and a bright silver star of a lock." Esther says.

"Walk on through the wind." Esther says grabbing a patients face.

"Walk on through the rain." Esther says grabbing Jenise's face.

"Though your dreams maybe be walked on and blown, walk on! WALK ON with hope...in your heart...and you'll never walk alone..." Esther continues starting to cry.

"She was alone..." she says quietly to herself.

Esther then starts to talk on about the little girl she killed at tragedy night many years ago.

Esther then realizes what she's saying out loud and catches herself as thunder rings again.

She wipes the tears from her eyes and regains herself.

"Lights!" She yells.

"I'm going to find the Mexican."

Short chapter I know but there's going to be a double update tonight🤘