Twenty-one

Sister Esther is in the kitchen making bread for the patients trying to get the memory of the hit and run out of her head.

With each roll of the dough, she remembers how she hit the little girl and how she left her there for dead.

She could never forgive herself for that.

"Everything alright, Sister?" Avi asks as he walks into the kitchen startling Esther.

"This weather. Always upsets the natives. Their fragile souls." Esther says continuing to roll the dough.

Avi walks around the kitchen and just looks at everything that it has to offer.

"That's why you should stop using corporal punishment. In our meeting yesterday, Mr. Hoying couldn't even sit down." Avi says.

"I realize you are probably unfamiliar with the work of BF Skinner, but his reinforcement is proved to be more effective and less harsh." Avi continues.

"Listen to me, I'm a beacon of compassion. In fact, this morning I spent my time on the phone with St. Anthony about borrowing their movie projector for tonight." Esther says.

"I though a movie would distract our patients when the storm hits." Esther continues.

"I never really figured you for a movie buff." Avi says.

"Even I can conceive that there are a few Hollywood movie to be acceptable for this drag." Esther says slams the dough down on the table.

"The church is loaning us a copy of 'The signs of the cross'." Esther says.

"I'm impressed! If there is a way I can help, please.....don't hesitate to ask." Avi says walking out of the kitchen.

"Oh yes and for an attendee for Alexander Kirk, I'll need a copy of his autopsy files." Avi says.

"I'm very busy, Doctor, but I'll try to locate it." Esther says rolling the bread dough.

"I'll bet it says he died if natural causes." Avi says.

"If its natural for a seventeen year old boy to dead of a heart attack." Esther spats.

"You have a very vicious mind, Sister. Borderline delusional. Or maybe it's just a form of projection. A projection to protect your own guilty conscience." Avi says looking right at Esther.

Esther looks up at Avi and they exchange evil stares at each other.

"It's was you wasn't it? The news paper where did you get it?" Esther asks.

Avi looks confused and asks, "What news paper?"

Esther and Avi are silent for a moment exchanging glares before Esther speaks up again.

"That office we gave you, I'm gonna need it back." Esther says.

"You have two weeks and then you're out!" Esther shouts.

Avi continues to stare at Esther and then walks out with his thoughts and words.

As Esther becomes more frustrated she slams the dough down on the table once again.

**

Kate open the doors in the common room to see all of the patients walks around as they normally do.

Kate then walks over to the record player that always plays the same song over and over again and takes the needle off the record.

This causes all the patients to stop what they are doing to look at her and freak out.

"Sister Esther has asked me to make an announcement. There's a big storm heading our way and when it hit, half of you are going to be too afraid to move and the other half will be able to be stopped. It'll be chaos and that won't do. So, sister Esther has arranged a distraction. A movie on Friday night when the storm gets worse. You all will be gathering together to watch the signs of the cross. A movie full of fire, sex, and the death of Christians. We'll have fun." Kate says looking around the room at everyone with a hint of evil in her eyes.

Kate walks over to a patient that can't stop looking at her.

"Go away, Satan!" The woman says in Spanish.

Kate's eyes turn to a red color and back to their original color as she walks out of the room.

She smiles at the thought of making people scared of her.

"There won't be a lockdown this Friday night if we're all supposed to be watching a movie." Scott says to Kirstie.

"We were just caught trying to escape." Kirstie says.

"Which means they won't be expecting it to happen again so soon!" Scott says.

Kirstie just stares at Scott and realizes that what he saying is true.

They won't be expecting them to try and escape so soon.

Mitch then walks into the room and Kirstie jumps in his face.

"You ruined our chances at getting out of this place!" Kirstie says fiercely.

Rachel watches as Kirstie yells at Mitch.

"And I'd do it again if it means I can stop him from killing anymore." Mitch fires back.

"I can't blame you. I'd do the same thing if I believed what you believe, but I'm innocent." Scott says jumping into the conversation.

"Hoying!" A guard calls for Scott as he enters the room.

"Dr.Koop wants to see you." The guard says.

Scott look at at Kirstie and Mitch one more time before walking out of the commons room with the guard.