Twenty-two

"He ate a few oatmeal cookies, interviewed his patients, made a couple of phone calls to the doctors office about his-"

"Anything suspicious!?" Esther says interrupting the guard.

"No nothing, Sister." The guard says.

Esther rubs her temples and tries to stay calm.

"He seems like he's on the upper arm." The guard says.

"Well, that's enough of that." Esther says before Kate rushes into her office.

"You won't believe-"

"Hold on! Sister, wait I'm finishing up something here." Esther says to Kate.

"When it comes to him, assume the worse." Esther says to the guard.

"You got it, Sister." The guard says before walking out of the office.

Kate walks closer to Esther desk and sets down a wine glass and pours wine into it.

"What are you doing?" Esther asks.

"Someone's been drinking the communion wine. I think it might be Jeremy. He was at the chapel. Taste it, Sister. I'm sure it's been watered down." Kate says handing Esther the glass.

"You know I don't drink." Esther says.

"Ugh! Yes of course not. I forget. Since 1949 when you had a calling from Jesus Christ our Lord and savior which caused you to turn your back on all guilty pleasures." Kate says.

Esther tries her hardest not to look at the wine glass in from of her and focus on what Kate is saying.

"I'll taste it." Kate says picking up the glass.

Esther looks at Kate confused.

How does she know about the story when Jesus called to her to become a nun?

Esther has never told that story to Kate before.

How could she possibly know!?

"What's that on your face?" Esther asks.

"On your mouth to be exact!" Esther says fiercely.

"Mmm. I might've been mistaken. It seems rich." Kate says avoiding Esther's question.

"Put the wine down! You look like a street walker!" Esther says getting up from her chair and taking the glass of wine away from Kate.

"Are you wearing lipstick!?" Esther asks.

"Uh-huh!" Kate says happily nodding her head.

"Color me red! It goes with my porcelain complexion don't you think?" Kate asks.

"Give it to me." Esther says holding her hand out.

"We don't wear makeup." Esther says wiping the lipstick off of Kate's face.

"I insisted on it, but Dr.Koop said 'its sister Esther favorite color she'll understand' that's why I wanted to have it." Kate says wiping her lips.

Kate walks out of Esther off to leave her with her thought.

Esther just stands there in shock at what Kate just said and doesn't know how or what to feel about the statement.

                                              **

"Do you recognize this creature, Mr.Hoying? It certainly seems to recognize you." Dr.Koop says holding this long leg creature in a jar.

Scott just stares at it and doesn't know what to say.

"It's what came out of you during your last visit and wants so desperately wants to get back in." Dr.Koop continues.

Dr.Koop takes a metal stick and starts poking around Scott neck.

"What are you doing?" Scott asks.

"I believe it operates on some magnetic principle. Have you noticed any lumps or anything like that?" Dr.Koop asks.

"No." Scott says looking at what Dr.Koop is picking up next.

"Who are you working for?" Dr.Koop asks.

"What?" Scott asks confused.

"Come, come, Mr.Hoying. Let us not play games. This is not the first attempt to infiltrate my labs." Dr. Koop says turning Scott head sideways poking his neck some more.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Scott yells in pain from the poking.

"You were approached by someone. Someone who knew you were being sent here." Dr. Koop says.

"They implanted this technology in you to spy on me." He continues.

"Oh, you're wrong." Scott says shaking his head.

"Was is the Germans? They have a particular talent for AKG. I understand there are even some talents within the US government. Oh yes, Jews! Who was it?" Dr.Koop says still poking around Scott's neck.

"I'm telling you, it was no one! I swear." Scott says trying to move away from Dr.Koop.

"You can swear all you want to, Mr.Hoying, but I will get to the truth in here. We have all the time in the world." Dr.Koop says slicing a little part of Scott's neck open.

Scott screams in pains as Dr.Koop tries to find out what this little insect thing he found in Scott's neck is work off of.