Ch. 4 - The Question

I skipped many years

Patryk POV

While me and Paul were in middle school, nothing major happened. Just... A lot of girls flirted with me, I always felt bad for Paul, he never had anyone swooning over him. Now, I was 18 and so was Paul, we were both in 12th grade and I still haven't told him how I feel. If I did tell him how I felt, he could reject me and begin hating me. Right now, we were working on math homework together. I noticed that Paul kept looking over at me, quickly looking at away if I looked at him. 

"Hey Patryk, can you get me a glass of water?"

"Sure." As I was walking to the kitchen, I noticed Tord and Tom sleeping on the couch, cuddling. I wish me and Paul were dating so we could do that. After I got the water, I went back to my room. As soon as I opened the door, Paul immediately looked up at me, his face a deep shade of red. I put the cup of water on an end table next to the bed and looked at Paul,

"Are you okay? You look like you're getting a fever."

"Hey, Pat can I ask you something?" Paul began staring downwards.

"Sure. What is it?"

"I love you a-and will you... you don't have to if you don't want to... will you be my boyfriend?" A shocked look spread across my face, I never thought Paul liked me the way I liked him. Apparently Paul didn't think my shocked look was a good thing, he sighed sadly. "I didn't think you liked me that way," He mumbled, tears forming in his eyes, he quickly rushed out of the room before I could say anything. Should I run after Paul? I guess I should so I can fix this.

After a while of looking for Paul, I heard sobbing from Edd and Matt's room. I heard talking so I leaned against the door and began listening.

"I'm sorry it didn't go well Paul." I think it was Edd that was talking but it was hard to tell.

"What am I going to do? Me and Patryk share a room, a locker at school, and we have all the same classes. It's not exactly going to be easy to avoid him." I had to tell Paul that I liked him, I was only surprised that he asked me out.

"Paul..." I gently knocked on the door.

"Patryk, can you just leave me alone?" I could hear Paul sniffling through the door.

"Paul, it's important. Please just open the door." After I said that, the door slowly opened and Paul was standing there. I hugged him and whispered

"I love you too." it took a couple of seconds but Paul hugged me back, still sniffling.

"Awwww," Matt and Edd said in unison. Paul gently looked at me, smiling, tears still streaming down his face.

***

Sorry the chapter is so short.