Ch. 13 - Secret Exposed

Patryk POV

It was the day after the mission, when me and Paul both woke up, we noticed Gizmo leaving. I'm assuming Gizmo was going to get the information like he said he would. Me and Paul talked for a couple of minutes until Kaze same into the room.

"Tord wanted to see you in his office. Right now, he says it's important." 

"Did he say why?" I asked, looking at Kaze.

"Mmm, no, he only said it was important and you need to go there now. Hurry up, I think he was angry." I glanced at Paul, he was clearly nervous you could instantly tell by looking at him.

"Goodbye, unlike you, I have a job to do." With that, he left. I don't see him going on any kind of missions.

When we entered Tord's office, Laurens, Amber, and Alexander were standing there. All three of them had a different look on their faces. Laurens looked guilty and was looking towards the ground, Amber had a smug look and was looking at us, Alexander had a calm and nervous look, he was watching Tord.

"Sit down, both of you," Tord said, his voice coated with anger.

"All three of these soldiers say that you are dating and you haven't told me," He started.

"We would've told you but we weren't su-"

"I will not have my son dating another man." I wasn't sure what he was talking about, he was married to a man.

"Why not?" Laurens looked up and opened his mouth to speak, 

"Um, s-sir. You're married to a-" 

"Shut up! You should have learned by now that I married him so I would have somewhere to stay, somewhere where everyone can trust me." Laurens immediately went quiet and looked down, looking lower than before. Amber looked shocked, so did Paul and Alex. I was only confused, I didn't understand what was happening, well, at least not understanding very much. Amber cleared her throat.

"Sir, shouldn't Patryk have the freedom to love who he choses?" Tord pulled out a pistol.

"Does anyone want to ask anymore questions?" Everyone was silent.

"That's what I thought. You two, separate. Now leave."

After leaving, I looked towards Paul, he looked close to crying, and for once, I felt sad. I turned towards the three.

"Is this what you wanted? To have us be forced to separate?" Laurens stayed silent, so did Amber.

"We didn't think this would happen. Tord only wanted us to keep an eye on you, make sure no one hurts you. He wanted us to tell him everything you did. We didn't know that he would be against you two being together," Alex mumbled.

"Sure. The look on Amber's face said everything," I said, crossing my arms. Sassy.

"She didn't know  you two would need to separate either. She thought Tord was angry from your lack of training or something like that."

"I'll be on a walk with Laurens if you need me," Amber said before leaving with Laurens.

"What are we going to do?" Paul asked looking worried, scared, and sad.

"You could stay together. I'll make sure Laurens and Amber won't tell Tord. You're partners anyways, that's why you'd always be around each other, even after the 'break up'," Alex said, offering a smile. Paul smiled and looked at me. "

He's right." I smiled.

"Thanks Alex."

****

I'm pretty sure the chapters are slowly shrinking, but I'm not really worried about it. You can really comment anything you want about the story, it could even be something like criticism.