Ch. 19 - Affection

Patryk's POV

"Paul, you need to calm down. This isn't our fault and it isn't our problem. We just need to get away from all of this. I'm sure anyone who's here can handle everything, they'll be able to work it out." Most of what I said was quick and I could barely understand what I was saying.

"Partryk, don't you see what HE did."

"Yes, but, if you think we're the ones who caused it, we'll only make it worse by staying. Isn't that right? Please, let's just go back to Edd, Matt, and Tom. We can't possibly cause problems then, right?" Paul sighed.

"You're probably right, maybe when we get home we can finally relax."Good. Paul turned and began walking, we were going to go home and focus on each other, we weren't going to worry about anything else. I jogged to be closer to Paul and put my arm around him.

"Everything will be okay. I promise. We need to forget, Tord will get what's coming to him." When we got back to Edd's house. Again. Edd opened the door, smiling and happy that we were back so soon. I explained what happened and me and Paul went to our room to lay down. As soon as we laid down, Paul immediately hugged me and shoved his face in my chest.

"Are we ever going back?" He mumbled, his face muffled by my shirt.

"I hope not. You need to forget them. They were going to die eventually. We can focus on each other and no one else." Paul only sighed as a response.

"Why are you like this?"

"What do you mean?"

"You couldn't care less about what happens to other people. But, when it comes to me, you kill someone if they so much as touch me."

"You're important to me? I don't know what else to say." Paul was silent.

"I'm going to go to sleep."

"Me too." 

I woke up and waited for Paul to wake up. When he finally woke up I asked  him a question.

"Do you want to go to the park?"

"Why?"

"So we aren't inside all day."

"Fine." Paul had an attitude when he spoke. I don't understand why. I have no idea what I did. It's probably because I value his life more than others. I quickly changed into a t-shirt and shorts, Paul didn't do anything except walk out the door. I tried to grab his arm but he pulled it away and glared at me. (I'm not here for you.) We were walking towards the door to leave.

"Don't."

"Why are you so mad at me? What the hell did I do?" Edd and Matt must've heard us. They both looked from around the corner, concern and worry covered their faces.

"Should we do something?" I heard Matt whisper.

"No. There's nothing we can do. We'd probably make things worse. They're adults, they can handle it themselves." Thanks for being helpful Edd. 

"Just tell me what I did wrong. We can fix this."

"Just let me be alone."

"You already agreed to go to the park with me."

"I changed my mine. Leave me alone."

"Why are you so moody?"

"It doesn't matter."

"What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with YOU?"

"Fine. I'm going on a walk without you. When I get back, I'm sleeping on the sofa." I walked past Paul, opened the door and slammed it behind me. Honestly, I probably overreacted and should've just left Paul alone.

*****

I feel bad because I haven't been updating very much. High school keeps me busy and I'm sorry.