[2]

KIM JI YEON'S POV

He was different. I could tell, by the way his grin turned into a smirk instead of a smile. He was a few years elder to me, but one second he seemed to be ten years younger and the next he was a man who wouldn't hesitate to break out any moment. I was probably over analyzing the boy here.

" Do you work? " I raised a brow.

He only smiled, shaking his head,  " not yet".

"Why not?" I leaned back against the chair.

"We all have our secrets"

"Oh yes, we do" I agreed.

"Kim Ji Yeon.. " his eyes shifted from my badge to my face, "Do you always do nightshifts?"

"what makes you think I'd answer your question Taehyung? "

"I thought we could get to know each other " he leaned in closer, placing his hands on the table separating us.

"What if I don't want to get to know you? " I crossed my arms.

"Well, I-"  he paused, "I was just trying  to have a normal conversation with you"

"And I'm trying to subtly avoid it"

"Ow.. Alright "  he nodded understandingly,  "Let's see how long it lasts".

"How long what lasts? " I narrowed my eyes at the man.

" You.. Avoiding me".

--

The next morning:

I yawned one last time, before stretching my limbs out, eyes squinting at the sunlight that pierced in through the window glass. It was five-fifty and I could finally go home.

"Thank you so much" Nanhee, my Co worker, wrapped her arms around me.

"Yeah yeah, whatever " I awkwardly pat her back before standing up and stretching once again.

" I'm never replacing you again" I groaned, "especially if it's a night shift,  nah uh" I shook my head.

" You don't have to " she grinned," this will be the last time, I promise".

I nodded,  a small smile playing on my lips as I tugged at my rubber band to let my hair loose, before brushing it with my fingers and tying it all up in a bun.

Taehyung was staring. He was borderline stripping me with those eyes of his, but at the moment, I only felt terribly sleep deprived.

The moment the clock struck six, a man in his mid forties walked into the station, dressed in a crisp black suit, his hair neatly combed back.

"Good morning officer. I'm here for Kim Taehyung" his voice calming, fresh and yet professional in a way.

I raised a brow, handing him the papers.  He quickly signed before placing it back on the table, pulling his wallet out to pay the fine as well.

I tuned to glance at Hyun woo who ran to unlock the cell, letting the black haired young lad out.

" Thank you " Taehyung turned to smile at me, a respectful bow followed it. I only fixed him with a look and a small nod.

As we walked out,"Don't do graffiti again" I warned. He stopped in his tracks to turn around, his smile widening by inches.

I watched the two men as they left. 
" Kim Taehyung huh? " the younger one raised a brow, mimicking the other.

The older man in a suit responded with a shy smile and a shake of his head, "I'm sorry sir, I had to".

"It's alright" Taehyung laughed, before the pair got into a dark blue car which I assumed to be a Prosche.

Spoilt rich kid eh? How typical!

Shaking my head,  I bid bye to my colleagues. I had a day off today and I'd start fresh in the morning tomorrow, I was so looking forward to work here!