[3]

I had my father drop me at the station. "Take care sweetheart" he gave me a pat on the shoulder and I grinned at him,  "you too. Love ya", and with that, he drove off and I entered the station.

"Morning Ji" Jihyun greeted. I reiterated the same, making my way to my desk while flashing random smiles at my acquaintances.

Taking a seat, I logged into the system, scrolling through daily updates and the criminals newly added to the previously existing list.

"Hyu-"

"Here" the boy handed me a file. Hyun woo was a shy and reserved boy.  He never spoke much to anybody. Normally, a person's silence would bother me but when it came to this little fella, it seemed okay; I was comfortable. He always looked into what I needed and gave me his full attention.  If I ran the government, I'd give this kid a raise!

Thanking him, I sipped on the hot mug of coffee placed on my table, while simultaneously going through the records.

The security alarm went 'ting'  signaling the opening of the door to the station's control room we were all currently seated in. I looked up and my eyes caught a pair of blacks looking back.

It was Taehyung.

He was well dressed. Well, he was too well dressed to be considered a law breaker. A white shirt, neatly tailored and ironed, that hugged his body in all the right places. Black dress pants which were a perfect fit. His black hair looked lighter and softer as it cascaded down his forehead, covering the corners of his eyebrows.

He raised a brow, snapping me out of my thoughts! Why was I even staring!!?

"Ji Yeon- ah" he called out with great familiarity. My name rolled off his tongue so smoothly- it pissed me off in a way.

"Why're you here?"

"To see you, of course" he sat down on the same chair he had sat on- the night he was arrested, which was just two days ago.

I glared at him for a few seconds. I tried my best to calm my ass down before I smashed his face with the keyboard in front of me.

"Stand up. Up!" I almost yelled.

He did as he was told ; immediately standing up.

"Get out" my words were firm and straight.

He took his bottom lip between his teeth, nibbling it at it for a second or two before sighing.

"Alright! " he nodded, leaving at once, leaving me confused. What the hell just happened?

Jihyun glanced over at me from the other side of the room, " everything okay? "

" Yeah, don't worry "

I took another sip of the coffee, looking back at the monitor. Was it a joke? Just because I was nice to him one night doesn't mean he could show up again, oh so casually, as if I were his closest friend! It hadn't even been a minute and I noticed someone entering again.

This time, it wasn't the graffiti kid. It was someone else, someone much older, who rushed to my desk.

" Officer! "

" Please sit down. What's the matter? " I interrogated with utmost attention and care.

" Well, I-" he started.. "I got beat up and I'm here to lodge a complaint"

"Are you okay? Do you need some water? "

" No, ma'am. Thank you. "

The man looked wrecked. His hair disheveled, sleeve torn and a blueish purple bruise right below his left eye.

" Who did it? Tell me everything you know " i encouraged him.

" Name's Taehyung " he answered and my head snapped up, jaw close to dropping as I looked up at him.

The next thing I knew- Kim Taehyung, the man himself walked straight in, standing before me in all his glory,  stretching his arms out before speaking the words, "arrest me officer"  he smirked,  "for I have wronged".

--

AN

Tae will frustrate u so much in this book. Prepare yourselves <3