[14]

My pulse rate skyrocketed and I repeatedly swallowed to try and keep my calm. It wasn't the fact that I was taken hostage that scared me. It was the fact that I was taken hostage by V that had me panic a little bit, but I tried to maintain my cool.

"You aren't the first one to put a gun on my head y'know" I laughed.

"I'd kill anyone if they did this to you" he countered.

He had me hold the 'door close' button pressed at all times so we reached the ground floor pretty quick.

Once the elevator came to a halt, Taehyung dragged me out and pushed me towards the staircase.

"Why're we taking the stairs?" I asked.

"You'll see" he smirked.

Reaching the basement, I noticed a set of three jet black cars, parked one behind the other. The one at the front and the back were the SUVs and the one in the middle was a black Maserati.

Taehyung took the gun off of my head and his men came rushing in, one of them holding the door open for us.

"Take a seat" Tae ordered and I slid myself quietly into the backseat of the Maserati and the vehicles roared to life before dashing out of an exit I'd never seen in the hotel's map before.

"Mint?" He offered, holding up a tiny branded metal box, shaking the tiny balls inside, shifting my attention from the faded windows to him.

I nodded, avoiding eye contact still.

"here" he handed me some and I popped those in my mouth without sparing a second. I needed something to refresh my mind and make me think but unfortunately, it did just the opposite. I felt nauseous for a second and my vision went blur. Whatever happened after that were all in patches of black and blue, and I only remember passing out.

--

I forced my eyes open and stretched my limbs out. The sunlight seeped into the room I was sleeping in, though milky white curtains. It took me a second or two as I squinted a bit and let my eyes adjust to the surroundings before everything clicked, and I shot upright, only to find myself laying on a thick fluffy king sized bed all alone, with a silky duvet pooling around my waist as I sat dumbfounded.

Everything that happened last night was clear in my memory, everything except the part that came right after I ate the mint that Taehyung offered.

As obvious as it sounded, Taehyung had drugged me to sleep. That, was the only conclusion I could come to. Why would he do it? I knew very very well. All these criminal minds worked the same fucking way.

He had drug me on the way so I'd be asleep for the next seven hours and he could conveniently do whatever he wanted with me..and in this case, with all my clothes intact and my body not sore, I assumed he did it so I wouldn't know where I was when i awoke.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath when I failed to find my phone in my pocket. I got out of bed and looked around the room for any cameras or sensors. Satisfied with their absence, I turned to the smaller of the two doors that lead out of the room. It must be the bathroom.

Entering, I found it to be as luxurious as the room I was previously in. Washing my face and drying it with a towel on the rack, I looked up into the mirror.

My eyes looked puffy from the deep sleep I'd just awoken from, my lips were red and full, hair a mess and a- what?

"No way!" I climbed onto the slab on which the sink was placed to get closer to the mirror behind it. "Fucking hell!" I sighed, as I tugged the collar of my shirt further down to expose my neck, only to find a large purple-red bruise on my skin, right above my collar bone. I tried to look closely, to make sure that it wasn't an incision or an injury. Did he make a small cut to insert a chip or something? Or did he use a seal to mark me? Or-