[24]

When he said 'i want you to be blind to my activities in the city for next month', I hadn't expected this.

I stared straight at one of my colleagues who burst into the station, her breath ragged and her cheek swollen and blue.

"Are you okay?" I asked, the answer obviously being a 'no' as I rushed towards the woman, holding her as she leaned into me for support.

"No. No. I fucked up, Ji" She said and the next thing, tears which were welled up in her eyes, streamed down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry" She apologized, sobbing into my shoulder.

"Hey..it's okay. Whatever it is, we can fix it alright?" I rubbed her back as Hyun Woo came in with a glass of water.

He handed it to her and we watched her sip it at first and then gulp it down whole. She seemed to calm down a little and it surprised and shocked me because I hadn't seen her this weak, broken and vulnerable before.

"What happened?" I asked, directly.

She turned to me before reaching for my hands and holding onto them. "I need your help".

"I'm always here for you. What is it?" I pushed further.

"Commissioner sir had given me a file to hand over to the section officer across the city. I was on my way- and- " She gulped, her eyes watering up again.

"And?"

She took in a deep breath, "somebody stole it from me" She finished.

I narrowed my eyes at her. That's it? I shook my head, leaning in close, "there is more. Tell me".

"I was on my way and somebody crashed into my car. I don't know how I got out alive without a scratch.." She sighed before continuing, "there were two men. They snatched the file from me. I tried to get it. I chased them with my gun, through an alley but-" She shook her head.

"They escaped?" I prompted.

"No, they died"

"huh?"

"they were running away from me, towards the parking lot on the far end of the alley. But before they could make it in, both of them were shot in the head, and they collapsed. At that moment, I thought I'd get shot too. I ran to their bodies and grabbed the file, but when I turned around, a tall man..he was wearing some kind of a mask..he took the file from me" She rubbed her forehead, "I didnt know what to do. I pointed my gun at him and asked him to drop the file, but he only snatched the my pistol from me and smashed me with it" She brushed her fingers against the swelling on her cheekbone. "He was too strong, and for a second, I went completely blank. By the time I could do anything, he got into one of the cars there and drove away".

"I took a bus halfway back and had to run all the way here. I'm so sorry, Ji. I don't have the guts to face your father. That file was important to him, and now that I've lost it... Please, do something " She cried again.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow. Don't worry" I assured her.

---

Six hours later~

"Where are you taking me, Tae?" I groaned. I still didn't know where Taehyung lived and I was assuming we were going to his house.

He had shown up in his ever so classy limo, looking as sinful as ever,  blind folded me with smooth satin cloth and had me sit next to him as his driver drove us somewhere.

"What's on your schedule today?" He asked and I  shrugged. I didn't even know if he was looking at me or not. The thin material that was wrapped around my head was making everything hard.