[7]

The man only shifted on his feet, before taking a step closer to Taehyung. They were nearly of the same height and the way they glared into each other's eyes had me on edge. Taehyung had a cocky smirk plastered on his face, fear nowhere to be seen. The officer on the other hand, seemed uncomfortable as he stepped away before glaring up at the black haired boy.

"I'll deal with you some other day" he groaned.

"Yeah, when you're sober enough" Taehyung laughed, making my jaw drop slightly. Who was he trying to mess with?!

The officer only breathed out harshly, before stumbling his way out of the station. I held my tongue until the door to his jeep closed shut and I heard the vehicle drive away.

"He is not someone you should be messing with!" I exclaimed, looking up at Taehyung.

"Shouldn't you be thanking  me? I just saved your ass" he raised a brow.

"Uh huh?" I mocked, shaking my head as if  to clear out the thoughts before my eyes shifted to the pistol he had just placed on my table.

"Where did you find that?" I glanced over at it.

"Oh" he grinned, "That's his" he turned to hand the gun back to Hyun Woo, who just stepped in.

"Smart" I admitted, trying my best to avoid Taehyung's gaze. How could someone think of borrowing a gun from my constable and surrendering it at the station saying 'I found it on the streets'?

"Can I drive you home? I belive your  shift has ended?" he snapped me out of my thoughts, glancing at his metal rimmed silver watch that definitely was expensive.

"Yes, it has and no, thank you. I'll have Hyun do it for me"

"This boy?" He turned over at Hyun, who only looked up at me before turning towards Taehyung, "Yes, me" he responded sharply.

I couldn't help but smile at that as Hyun standing up for himself and being sassy was a rare sight to behold.

"You should get going then.." I looked up at Tae.

"You haven't thanked me yet" he shrugged.

"Well, thank you Mr. Kim, I owe you one" I smiled warmly.

"You owe me one!" He repeated before narrowing his eyes at me.

" What?" a tiny chuckle escaped my lips.

"Go on a date with me?" He asked, and it sounded more like a statement like an question.

"Why would I?" I raised my brows.

"Because you owe me one" he smirked and oh how badly did I want to wipe it off his face!

"Hmm" I looked away, turning to my bag which was securely placed under the desk.

" Is that an yes?" He asked again.

" Do I have a choice?"

"Yes, you do" he nodded.

Swinging the bag over my shoulder, I grabbed the keys before walking towards the exit, "I'll come".

___

"You should just stay tonight " I suggested as Hyun Woo parked the vehicle.

"Uh.. I -"He looked down at his shoes, unsure of what to say.

He had driven me home all the way and it was past midnight now. He lived an hour away from my place, so I thought it'd be appropriate if he just slept in the guest room tonignt.

I waited for his response, looking at him as he stared down below.

"Hmm?" I urged.

"Okay" he answered, bringing  a smile onto my face.

"good"

We walked into the house and I didn't have to show him to the guest room. He had been here a few times before, with dad of course, so he'd find his way on his own. I kicked my shoes off before I walked further into the house. Dropping the bag on the couch, I noticed Haasa, the nurse, was still awake and waiting for my arrival.

" Haasa.." I called out and she quickly got out of the kitchen.

"You're home! " she smiled warmly before looking over my shoulder to where Hyun was standing.

The smile was quick to turn into a slight  blush and I pretended to be oblivious.

"I thought you'd be hungry 'cause you haven't had dinner and I just made something for you to eat - and- umm.." She motioned towards the kitchen and then towards me before she looked down at her fingers. Her eyes would steal quick glances at Hyun who stood rooted to the spot in the living room inspite of me telling him to go take a nap.

"I'm so hungry, thank you" I walked over to Haasa, bringing her into a warm hug before moving into the kitchen.

"Have you made enough for two?"

"Yes, I think it'll serve two" She answered quietly.

I nodded before grabbing two plates.

oh the young love..

--

FINALLY AN UPDATEU!