[28]

Taehyung promptly dropped me off home with a kiss of reassurance that we would solve the mystery together, but I couldn't swallow the fact that somebody out there had my gun in their possession.

Kicking off my sandals, I tip toed into the kitchen, for a glass of water. What was supposed to be a pillow talk had turned into something else entirely. Gulping down the liquid, I wiped out a drop of sweat that trickled down my face. If somebody could access my cartridge, which was kept at the headquarters along with the rest of my belongings, the idea of them having taken anything else worried me.

Taehyung would do everything in his power to find out who it was and until then, I would have to lay low. A part of me wanted to go clean with dad, but it'd put too much at risk- my relationship with him, with Taehyung, my job, everything.

Crashing bed, I hoped for the best when I looked over to the picture on my wall, the one in which my black uniform clung onto my body, hair way shorter than it is now, sweaty face and a large proud grin on my face after having completed my very first mission as an undercover agent.

Life was nicer then, different now. And with those thoughts, I drifted off to sleep as if the coffee I'd drunk an hour or two ago didn't have any effect over my system.

--

"Good morning!" I could hear mother's voice as she pulled the curtains apart. Sunlight too bright fell onto my face and I shielded myself with the thick blanket I already had wrapped around me.

"Morning.." I mumbled softly before curling into the comfort of my bed.

"No work today? It's late already" She said as I felt her tug the blanket a little.

"I don't wanna go.." I trailed off.

"Your father will not be very happy about that Ji" She sat down beside my sleeping form and I felt the bed dip due to her weight. A hand rested on my forehead before stroking my hair off of it, "Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yes" I cracked open one of my eyes, squinting as I continued, "why?".

"I see you've been having mood swings lately. You go out happy and come home upset or the other way around" She shrugged, "everything alright between Taehyung and you?".

"mum!" I panicked a little before sitting up, "keep it low. Nobody knows I'm dating him".

She raised her brow, pausing whatever she was doing.

"Yeah, everything's good between the two of us. I just- I missed my period and it's taking a toll on me" I sighed.

"Hmm" She hummed, taking a deep breath before standing, "You're gonna spend the day at home. Breakfast is ready" She smiled before walking out of the room, "Let's make you feel better".

"Thanks mum!" I spoke before falling back into the soft, fluffy embrace of my bed.

Pancakes with some blueberry jam and vanilla ice cream was my all time favorite and that's exactly what she'd made. Munching on the fluffy, hot pancake, I looked up at mum who quietly poured in some maple syrup and honey into my plate.

"Ma, can I ask you something?" I started, the house was left for the two of us for the day and I wouldn't want anything more than her company.

"Anything, sweetie" She turned to me.

"Its about dad and you.." I paused, to check if the topic was okay to talk about.

"What is it?" She smiled wide and it was the green light I needed.

"Did you always tell him everything that happened with you?" I asked, my voice lower than usual.

She sighed before taking a seat opposite to my own, across the dining table. "I'd be lying if I said yes" She chuckled and I smiled in response, waiting for her to continue.