[22]

The moment I entered the plane, it wasn't the usual 'seats on both sides with an aisle in the middle' design . The interior was a tunnel full of thick, large wooden boxes, filled with God knows what. All the containers were sealed shut and before opening any, I turned to Jihyun, "Where's Hyun Woo?" I asked.

"No idea. I've left him a message, he should be here soon" the man answered as he put his black gloves on.

I wasn't qualified or allowed to open the boxes that took up the entire plane, but being the daughter of the commissioner of police gave me special privileges. After all, I was the one handling Taehyung's case.

"Are you sure there are weapons inside?" I raised a brow.

"Yes. Look how many boxes there are! We should go ahead and open them!" He spoke foolishly.

"We can't just do that. Show me the hard copy of the evidence that this plane is V's property. It could be some random cargo ship for all we know" I trailed off, refusing to lay a finger on anything yet.

I waited as Jihyun angrily rushed out to get the evidence I asked for.
I looked around once again; how did they even know there were weapons in these containers without even opening them?

Grabbing my phone, I made a phone call. Two rings and a deep husky voice greeted me with a "hello".

"Taehyung, it's me" I spoke as quietly as I could.

"Ah, tell me Ji. Did you like the breakfast?"

"Yes. Listen, I'm at the airport right now " I mumbled.

"Where are you going?" His tone turned serious and I had to facepalm once before continuing.

"Nowhere. Ugh, Tae listen close" I whispered before peeping out to check if Jihyun was anywhere close and he wasn't, "The officers in my department have ceased a cargo plane, they say it's yours and is full of arms and ammunition".

"Does the-"

"Shush. Listen, is this yours? Because, I don't think they know who this belongs to, yet. Jihyun told me it's yours.. I'm worried" I finished.

"Does the plane have a giant 'V' on its body?" He asked calmly.

"No" I answered, based on my inspection.

"Then it isn't mine, babygirl" he chuckled and I sighed in relief.

"There's no 'V', but there's a huge black 'cat paw' printed on its side "

"Oh..fuck. yes! Of course!" Taehyung's voice rose up and for a second, he seemed to be happy, "cease that shit and take all the weapons into your custody. The plane isn't mine, but it belongs to someone I know" he paused, "I mean, someone I don't really like".

"Okay" I chuckled, "tell me who that is".

"Don't bother" he said and I knew he was smirking, "I'm your only mission for now, am I not? Give me all your attention".

"Stop flirting with me" I laughed.

"Who's flirting with you?" Asked a voice from behind me and I jumped at that. Panicking, I muttered out a 'I'll call you later, bye' and ended the call, only to turn and face Jihyun who stood tall and jealous.

"Just an old friend" I smiled before sliding the phone into my pocket.

"Hmm" he nodded understandingly before handing me a print out, "That's the evidence. It's the registration number and I highly suspect it's V".

Raising my brows, I took the papers from him "You suspect?"

"Yeah"

"which means you aren't sure? You have no proof?" I laughed, tossing my hands up in the air.

"Ji, Its a cargo full of weapons. Who else in Daegu would illegally transport these?" He questioned.

"V isn't the only one running the Underworld here in Daegu. There are others too, we just don't know about them" I spoke, looking over the printed text on the paper. The numbers and codes were ours and the fact that it was clearly mentioned in the document that the flight was purely and solely meant to transport weapons of all kinds had me swallow hard. So this is how they know what's inside these boxes.

"He's the deadliest one of all" he argued, "that cunt..".

"Ji Hyun!" I snapped, "you don't get to talk shit, alright? What do you even know about him?".

"Why are you offended?" He countered back.

"V is my case. He's someone 'i' am supposed to deal with, not you. I know him better than any of you. You did a good job calling me over once you thought you recieved a lead. Next time you find something 'you think' that is connected to V, call me and let's find out if its true before you make a fool of yourself" I lectured.

"I thought you weren't cocky. 'Commissioner's daughter is humble' they say...bullshit!" He scoffed before snatching the piece of paper from my hand and walking straight out.

My phone rang the next second and I answered it without wasting a minute.

"Dad?"

"Does it belong to V? Do we have someththing to work with?" He asked immediately, getting straight to the point.

"I'm sorry dad. It isn't V's property. He has nothing to do with the plane or its contents. We've got the registration number, we'll find out who the cargo belongs to" I said.

"Alright".

The moment I heard those words, I motioned for one of the experts to come in and open those thick metal containers.

---

That evening~

Taehyung: have you got any plans for tonight?

Ji: No, why?

Taehyung: Let me take you out for dinner.

Ji: Tae, no. I thought of having dinner with mum.

Taehyung: You can do that tomorrow. Give your father some time with the lady he loves, yeah?

Ji: you're too good at persuading people into doing what you want them to!

Taehyung: I know I am. Tonight then, princess?

Ji: I don't know how to react to these names you use to address me.

Taehyung: You don't have to react to those. You only use them back on me.

Ji: I call you 'tae'. Isn't that good enough?

Taehyung: I prefer the other word.

Ji: other word? What is it?

Taehyung: what do you think it is?

Ji: I don't know.

Taehyung: do you not? Aren't you a smarty?

Ji: nah, I'm dumb.

Taehyung: Ah, there's the truth!

Ji: Tae!!

Taehyung: just kidding. what's the magical word babygirl?

Ji: daddy?

Taehyung: fuck. I'd give anything to hear you call me that!

Ji: you wish!😂

Ji: you'll have to tell me what we are before wanting to hear anything.

Taehyung : will do. Tonight. Dress warm.

Ji: see you, Tae.

///

AN~

What's Tomorrow?
Tomorrow is 15th of December!
Tomorrow is my birthday!! Idk why I'm so excited omg. I'm turning 20 already. I'm getting old wtf. no. make it stob someone

P.s. I love you guys ❤️