[13]

'Hotel Vionel' the large sign board hung onto the arch of the building read in a shade of gold and white. It was a star hotel and hence, a building large enough to contain a havoc.

Trying my best not to smirk, I got out of Taehyung's sexy beast of a car. As we strode through the door and towards the restaurant on the fifth floor, I received glances from strangers and at first it didn't click, but then when I looked down at what I was wearing, I almost wanted to punch myself in the face.

I looked like a begger among Queens. There were barely any people as it was midnight. But then, I wasn't very surprised to see a few couples, having serious discussions in the longue, some walking through the building while the others were still in the restaurant, having dessert and some sipping on a glass of expensive wine.

Sliding into one of the chairs, I watched as Taehyung sat in front of me, only the thick marble table separating us.

His hair was pushed off of his forehead and the way his pull over hug him closely made it hard for me to tear my eyes away from him and focus on the menu.

The ice cream arrived with hot chocolate fudge poured all over it within minutes after placing the order.

"Do you like it?" He asked and I nodded, darting my tongue out to gather the chocolate that got onto the corners of my mouth and my lips.

His eyes were fixed on my mouth and it was only when i cleared my throat, that he looked up and back at the scoop of fig and honey ice cream before him.

I had my phone on my lap, away from prying eyes, waiting for it to vibrate. Awaiting a text message from my father, the commissioner of the police, I licked the spoon off of all the ice cream on it.

"Do you feel better?" Taehyung asked, glancing at the empty cup before me.

"A lot better" I smiled warmly.

"Do you wanna talk about it? You still seem off" he narrowed his eyes.

"Nah, I just am probably tired" I lied.

"Mum will get well soon" he assured, his hands reaching out to mine. His fingers were the only warmth I received as I had my hand placed on the cold marble beneath.

At this point, I wasn't sure if what I was doing was right. He neither looked like a criminal, nor did he act like one. But then, that's how they all are. My job is to keep the law and order and anyone who goes against it, deserves to be punished, be it a fine of fifty dollars or a death sentence.

The phone vibrated against my lap and I waited for a few seconds before glancing down at it.

Dad
All set! Stage 3 op: proceed.

As much as I disliked doing this, I had to. The longer I spent with this boy, the harder he made it for me.

When I looked up at him, I noticed his eyes were already on me and he oh so subtly looked away, trying to act like he wasn't  staring.

Taking a deep breath, I waited for him to eat up the last bit of cream left. I'd spoken the least to him today and before I could feel any guilt, I pushed my chair backwards, preparing to leave.

"Dad's asking me where I am" I pouted, waving my phone in the air.

"Oh shit! " Taehyung laughed,"Am I in trouble?".

"Maybe" I grinned.

"Is he gonna arrest me?" Taehyung raised a brow and I didn't know how to react to the irony of the situation.

Shaking my head with a small smile on my face, I stood up, preparing to leave, only after placing some money beside the bill and leaving a tip.

Walking through the restaurant, we entered the hallway which led to the lift on the far end.

There were doors on either side of us as we walked through the narrow space and I knew exactly what would happen at which second.

Keeping my calm, only after a short walk, I slowed down to a complete halt and Taehyung turned towards me, confusion clear on his face.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled and with that, armed men rushed out from all the corners, blocking the corridor completely. The only sound was that of the footsteps of the police boots stomping against the carpeted wooden floor as they covered perimeter and their target.

"Good job, Ji!" I heard dad's voice and turned around to see the man, also clad in a black bullet proof jacket just like the rest of the men in the hallway. There were more officers than I'd expected.

"Kim Taehyung " dad laughed, "or should I call you, V?" He raised a brow.

Taehyung remained silent for a few seconds as he watched me, refusing to take his eyes off of my face. The pained expression on his face slowly turned into nothing  as he shifted to face dad, "whatever makes you comfortable" he answered cockily.

I remained silent, avoiding eye contact, letting the two men speak.

"Whatever makes me happy, huh?" Dad pulled his gun out and pointed it straight at Taehyung, "seeing you and your friends behind bars will definitely make me happy".

"I'm sorry sir but-" Tae stepped forward until dad's gun was pressed against his chest, "that's never happening".

"Don't you see?" Dad urged, "Its over for you. There is no escape".

"I do see it" he looked at me, the pain clear as daylight in his eyes and I almost wanted to go back and undo everything I'd just done.

"you've been my mission for so long and finally" dad grinned, "my daughter finished it for me" pride evident.

"That's what makes me upset" Taehyung mumbled quietly, making me want to cry. Why do I feel so bad about this? He's a criminal! He deserves this doesn't he?

"I'm sorry, Tae" I apologized again, making him nod and dad groan.

"You're under arrest, V" dad stated firmly and the boy brought his hands up to rub his face, closing his eyes for a brief moment.

I mentally prepared myself to go back home, cry this out and never ever see him again but before I could process anything, Taehyung had snatched the gun right out of father's hand. His left hand reached out to me, pulling me to his front and pointing the mouth of the gun to my temple.
"Fuck!" I cursed.

His grip was so strong against my waist I could barely move. The panic set in real quick. The gunmen hesitating as all their laser red target points were on my body, as Taehyung used me to sheild himself.

"You bastard!" I heard dad curse out loud.

My back was flush against Taehyung's chest and he pulled me even closer, his forearm digging into my stomach as he pressed the gun harder against my head.

"Another move and your daughter is a dead little girl" Taehyung smirked, I could feel it from his voice.

"Lower your guns!" Dad yelled, "lower it for fucks sake!".

They obeyed.

"Good boys" V grinned, "come along babe, let's get outta this mess" he smiled and dragged me towards the lift and the people crowding the corridor had no choice but to move towards one side and make way for us to pass.

I could only focus on the right  hold he had against me as the adrenaline rushed through my veins, making everything so hard to process.

The moment we entered the lift, he ordered me to close the doors and press '0' on the panel, and i obeyed.

"I'm sorry" I said, coughing,  the second his hand loosened around me.

"Oh baby" he groaned, his lips pressing against my neck as he trailed the gun from my head, down my jaw and neck, pressing it against my chest, where my heart lied. The thin material of the t-shirt was of little help as the gun held firm against it.

I felt his lips move against my neck as he inhaled deeply before his deep voice filled my ears, "let's get you home".

---