[12]

Taehyung, the person I presumed to be V, examined the little note I'd written for him. He did a great job at maintaining his composure, looking around once as if the note wasn't meant for him. He sniffed at it, flipped it over and over, felt the text with his thumb and then, gave up. He motioned to one of the stewards, who came running to the handsome man who looked like royalty, "Yes, sir?".

Taehyung handed the paper to the guy and asked him to get rid of it. The waiter walked to one of the bins and tossed the paper inside, while Taehyung leaned back against the cushions as if nothing happened at all.

Groaning I waited impatiently for him to do something. I watched the boy tap his fingers against his knee as he leaned forward to eye some girl who stood across the hall, a small smirk playing on his lips as she swirled around in her short frilled skirt that barely covered her ass.

I shut my eyes tight before pulling out my phone and calling Tae. Three rings and he answered it.

"Ji Yeon- ah!" His voice was welcoming.

I grinned, peeking from behind the machine to take a look at the boy who was on his phone, having no idea that I was watching him talking to me.

"Are you busy?" I asked while eyeing him and he instantly blurted out a "not really, tell me. What's the matter?".

"I just had a bad day" I sniffed, making it sound like I'd just stopped crying, "wanted somebody to talk to.." I trailed off.

"Want me to come over to your place?" He offered, his eyes now fixed on the carpet beneath his feet and the phone pressed against his ear.

I watched him closely, "Yeah".

"Now?" He smiled and I felt a blush creep up my face but shoo'ed it away! He's a criminal!

"No.." I tried reasoning, "after everyone's asleep. At twelve maybe?".

"Alright" he mumbled, "What's all the noise in the background? Where are you?" He stood up to fix his belt, and I blurted out a reply which didn't make much sense, before I ended the call.

Taehyung took the stairs by the artificial falls and reached the upper section of some kind of a control room, before disappearing from my sight.

Bending down, I slipped out of my heels. Picking them up, I rushed barefooted towards the exit. "Jihyun-ah!" I smacked his shoulder on my way out, motioning him to follow me out.

"Where are you going? We still have a game to play!" He argued.

"Nanhee will be here any second! She likes you and I asked her to come over!" I grinned, leaving the man alone as I ran out of the casino, taking one of the closest taxis on stand to get home as soon as I could.

It was eleven in the night now and I'd asked Taehyung to show up at my place in an hour.

On the way home, I dialed to dad and he picked up the call instantly.

"God news!" I cheered and my father on the other end squealed in happiness.

"Did you get to see his face?" He asked.

"I'm brining him home, dad!" I laughed and the man on the other end seemed to choke on air.

"Ji- sweetie, what?" He panicked, "He's a world class criminal! What're you talking about?"

"Shush, I have a plan" I smirked.

--

I tossed my heels aside, stripping myself as I closed the door to my room shut. Changing into a pair of loose pants and a sweatshirt, I scrubbed the makeup off of my face.

It would be twelve any second and I plopped down on the bed, ruffling my hair on purpose, waiting  for some kind of signal..which came soon.

Taehyung
I'm here

Grinning, I typed out a reply, "the key is under the second pot on the left, come in".

Staring at the door, the smirk on my face transformed into a smile the moment he stepped into my room.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know" I mumbled, rubbing my forehead.

"I'm surprised you let me in" he chuckled, sitting on the edge of my bed, not hesitating to place his hand on my blanket covered knee and giving it a squeeze of assurance.

"I thought you still didn't like me" he raised a brow, trying to initiate a conversation.

"The date.." I started and his eyes showed a hint of mischief, "made me like you".

His smile widened as he looked into my eyes and I couldn't help but return it. I did like Taehyung..but now- oh well!

His red pull over enveloping him loosely, his white track pants and his messy hair had me doubt myself. Was he really what I thought he was?

Because, this boy who sat in front of me, looked like a little baby, right out of its crib. Warmth and innocence with a hint of mischief was what he gave off. But the man I had laid my eyes on at the casino, was a completely different one.

Taehyung sat staring at me, waiting for me to speak and it was only when my eyes started to burn and water up a little that I realised I was staring right back. His pout grew when I looked away.

"what're you hiding?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Nothing, I just miss mum. I went through a few old pictures today and I'm -" I sighed, burying my face in my hands.

"Childhood photos?"

"Hmm" I answered.

"Can I see them?" He asked excited, even though he hadn't seen mom before.

Shit! I almost facepalmed internally.

"They're all in dad's room" I lied quickly and he only hummed in return.

Awkward silence surrounded us for a few minutes as we had nothing to talk about. Even though everything so far had gone according to my plan, fluidly, I still wasn't ready to take Taehyung into custody.

"Tae?" I mumbled against the palm of my hand, the sound muffled away but it reached his ears somehow.

"Yes?" He asked, inching closer in concern and I almost felt bad for doing this to him.

"Can we go get ice cream?" I offered, and I was prepared to hear a 'no'.

Firstly, we weren't dating. Secondly, I'm not his best friend. The probability of him going out to have ice cream with me at this hour in the night was less..but he had just come all the way home,  to see me, so..

"Sure" he stood up, stretching out a hand for me to take.

I gave him a warm smile, grabbing his hand and pushing myself out of the bed and onto the carpet on the ground. Slipping while doing so wasn't a part of my plan, but it happened anyway and I dramatically bumped into his chest as he wrapped a protective arm around my shoulder.

Giggling, I distanced myself and he held onto me for a second or two before letting go.

"Let's go " I said, brushing my hair  to the side and putting on my shoes.

"Yes, officer" he laughed, walking out towards his car.

And that's when I sent the draft I'd saved on my phone, to dad, before following the boy.

'Left home. Destination: Hotel Vionel. Stage two op-proceed'

--